Hello there

Newbie just joined here
Living in Tam Wang Mueng area  of Nackon Phanom since last November
Slowly getting to know my way round some of the places
Go to Nackhon and Sackhon lots of times shopping but still got lots to learn about the places around here
Got myself car and small bike to look round , like looking at some of the small "countries" as my lady likes to call them with lots of lakes to see and wander round
But would welcome any advise, knowledge from people on here about some of th more simple things, like the best place to buy kitchen, where to buy grass, and anything to see or do
I know we are short of Farang here, but sometimes think it would be nice to meet up with some in a bar some night
It's ok sat out on th porch with a beer, but not very good with the language yet, so bit hard to sit with the locals
Any help and advise would be much appreciated
I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions on lots of things about housing, visas and things

In my opinion Thailand is great. However, you still need to exercise a certain amount of caution with everything. A very minor example, I went to a silk factory today, actually two. Fortunately I had been to a few markets before this trip. These factories seemed to be charging tourist prices instead of competitive prices. That is a very small example. But there are many examples of needing to live a cautious life style in Thailand, even though there really is a pleasant life style to live in Thailand.