Healthcare status

Hi all,

Good morning.

What does healthcare status A or B mean in the work permit for foreigners :
Kindly help me with specific replies as below:

1. Healthcare status A covers
a.Medical Insurance by employer (Y/N)
b. Hospitalisation expenses by employer (Y/N)
c. Out Patient Treatment in local hospital (Y/N), if yes, the local hospital is Government/Private also covered.
d. Emergency evacuation covered (Y/N)
e. Family medical covered (Y/N)

1. Healthcare status B covers
a.Medical Insurance by employer (Y/N)
b. Hospitalisation expenses by employer (Y/N)
c. Out Patient Treatment in local hospital (Y/N), if yes, the local hospital is Government/Private also covered.
d. Emergency evacuation covered (Y/N)
e. Family medical covered (Y/N)

If in appointment(offer) letter it mentions medical as per Bahrain labour law what does it mean, I was told medical expenses would be covered by employer and wish to know whether it is true for status A or B , if not what would be expenses I would have to bear as an expat for local hospitalisation or OPD treatment.

Guys, the questions are many but consummate and am sure you people will help out, it will help many expats - current and future .

Please revert and have a nice week ahead.......

Cheers & looking forward to meeting soon!!!!!

This link explains it all for you

http://www.newsofbahrain.com/viewNews.p … =2&SUB

Hi Jos,

Firstly thanks for your reply and the link. Actually I went through the link and also the LMRA site explanations and am not clear on the following as yet.

- For those expats who have healthcare on B status, does it indicate that medical insurance is not taken by employer (other than paying the mandatory BD72.00/annum/expat) and the employees need to take their own and the employees are left on their own in cases of contingent health conditions(hospitalisation or Out-patient treatment or evacuation), I understand those having B in healthcare status have to pay BD 7 per visit if they go to Government sponsored hospitals, does it mean this is additional payout for the employee or the employer is bound to reimburse it on actuals
or
- The employers have their own internal private medical insurance which covers employees who can use same for medical coverage in any hospital in Bahrain( and possibly outside)

Actually I am trying to find out the following:

Am on B status, was promised medical would be taken care in my package, so do I take up with employer that based on the negotiations that medical would be included, I should have been on A status so I am covered under Govt. scheme and do not have to pay anything during visits/hospitalisations/evacuations

or

It is possible my employer has his own insurance policy covering employees and hence he has not gone for the government policy.

Sorry if the above complicates you, but am sure you understand I am trying to find out my risks and evaluate my offered package better.

Best wishes, friends and thanks in advance for your advises on above !

Cheers!

Best advice. Call LMRA and ask them to clarify

Drop the same to your employer as well and ask them to explain.

Yes, I will. Thanks for all the advises.

Best of lucks.....