Making friends in Siem Reap

Hello

I have always done long walks with friends or on my own. I came to Siem Reap in December, if you like walking but also laughing, discussing seriously or just relaxing, contact me, walking in Siem Reap isn't that easy but there are some paths that I do which are very good.
Hope to hear from you
Stephen

Siem Reap is in Cambodia and this is posted in the Thailand forum

Oups  I didn't realise thanks

Hi stephen,

Your thread is now on the Siem Reap forum. Hopefully, you will have some interaction with members.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Hi Steph
I would like to join you for a walk.
I stay in Siem Reap. Please show me your favorit path !!
Victor

Hello Vigo

Thanks for replying and sorry for this late answer. I walk different paths in Siem Reap but would be happy to discover new ones
I've just had a flu so I may be fine... or not at the end of the week. Anyway I'll be parking in front of Le Malraux coffee shop on Sunday  to buy some rice at the organic market and eventually go for a walk if you are there.

If you're not available on Sunday tell me when
Thanks
Stephen

Hi Vigo

I forgot to say that I will park my motorbike in front of Le Malraux coffee shop at 11am, my motorbike has a top case.

Stephen

This is kind of an unrelated subject, but do you have any insight related to tea that is produced in Cambodia?  I found some interesting locally produced commercial-grade black tea in a grocery store there but I'd like to hear more about better tea, local orthodox or specialty tea, if that rings a bell.

I will be in Siem Reap in May and I am a walker but it might be a bit hot at that time of year.  How are the early mornings?  I am living in a very hot an humid climate right now on the south Pacific coast of Mexico and can barely get myself to go to the beach it is so hot and we are on a higher parallel that you are there.  Well, if you are around the first week of May maybe I could hook up with you all. My plan is to keep an apt for a month in Siem Reap while traveling with my 25yr old daughter.  Also I drink green tea and hope I can get the best there instead of the commercial stuff.

Hi Judy

Here it's between 30 and 33°C, for me it is still fine to walk 90 minutes. I'd be happy to see you in May.
You can probably find good tea in the central market, they sell everything there.
I think that you will experience a big change with Mexico.
Bon voyage to you and your daughter !

Stephen

Wow, it is only 27 degrees here.  We have a sea breeze so going to the beach helps dissipate the heat. How's the humidity there in Siem Reap?
I figure it will be early morning walks for me and afternoon siestas like they do here in Mexico.
Are there air conditioned places to shop and eat there? i don't want to sound like a wimp and fans are fine in most cases but just curious how you all deal with the heat.

You are coming to a tropical country close to the Ecuador, of course it's hot ...
There's a swimming pool in my hotel which is best to refresh playing ball with kids (with a big laugh too) around lunch time and sometimes at 5pm.
Lucky is the main shopping center, it has 2 floors and it's all A/C.
Angkor supermarket and Asia Market with A/C too
You won't find a lot of restaurants with A/C but the air is nice, well ventilated in the little alleys. At diner time, it is cool enough.

I've been to Siem Reap twice and it didn't seem all that hot, but then I'm coming from Bangkok, and it wasn't the hottest time of the year.  I just checked current weather and the high is between 32 and 34 this week, about the same as here.  That's kind of hot, and probably will get a bit warmer in April. 

It is the tropics, and for whatever reason the peak of the hottest season here matches the Spring in the northern hemisphere, the parts further north.

Darn that sounds hot, and I don't suppose folk walk around in bathing suits..jk
Well, maybe I won't last a month, so might as well stay in hotel rather than look into renting an apartment.

hi

i am an avid hiker coming from Mexico in march....will be looking for people to hike and cycle with
Jeannie b