First post for Siem Reap?

Just noticed that Siem Reap had appeared as an option for this blog and thought I would start it off, as most of the Cambodia focus seems to be in PP.  Is there much of an expat community there (I am guessing that is a given), and are they reading this blog.  I am heading there in June to work for two years in a harm reduction service.  Am interested to see who is there and if there is much of a network set up.
Jacqui

Hello Jacqui,

I hope that you will establish lot of contacts via our web community prior to your departure there.

Good luck for your move.

Regards

Hi Jacky,
I arrive at Siem Reap next november for at least 6 months as a NGO volunteer, how about the daily life in Siem Reap in the neighbourhoods ?
I am looing forward to being there. I'll bring my rockclimbing equipment, seems a new wall has opened close to Ankor old market.

Do you have any bike or motorbike ?

Give me some news !!!
Bye

Romain

Hey Romain,
Good to hear from you.  I am hoping to set up a bit of a Siem Reap section on this blog, as there doesn't seem to be one to date.  Me and my partner are also arriving in SR as volunteers, as part of the Australian Govt Skilled Volunteer program.  We are arriving at the end of June. 

I am interested to know what you are doing there (i.e.: what kind of work) and if you have found a place to live.  I am always keen to meet up with new people, so we should stay in touch.  Where are you from?

I have no idea about rock climbing in Cambodia.  I am more interested in finding a place to kick box, as I am do Muay Thai and western boxing here in Aust. 

Anyway, stay in touch,
Jacqui (and Jason)

Greetings.  I have been visiting Cambodia since 2005 and was there for November & December.  I return for July in Phnom Penh and August in Siem Reap.  I will also be back in February. 

I have a few good local and expat friends, know some good restaurants, and have managed to always have a good time visiting.  Now in the process of buying a condo.

Cheers,

Bart

check the fb group expats and locals living in siem reap, really helps!!

thanks and I will do

Thanks Joniv, the local Australian hairdresser put me onto the fb page.  Much better than this site!