Moving to seim reap - need advice

hi, I am a 65 year old Australian male tempted to retire to siem reap. not knowing anything and looking for advice and help in this endeavour. I will be in siem reap in October 2015 for the second time and if any one can give me some advice then it will help. my e-mail address is [email protected] thank you chris

Hi Chris
I'm also a retired Australian living in Siem Reap;
Been here 4 years  : currently battling the heat but enjoying my move:
Originally from Yarrawonga ; then Sydney and back to Albury
My email address is info@ solinarealty.com

Will assist you what you want to know as I'm in Real Estate and in the past
Developed  Guesthouses and now wife  has started her restaurant in our village SR

Michael kean

Michael
Thank you for your reply. I have been thinking about retiring for some time but am worried about the cost factor. I would have to live on my Age Pension which is about $900 - $1000 Australian per fortnight. Accommodation and food is a large factor and as luck would have it I am single. I cannot speak the local language but as I found a lot of people speak English. A job for a few days a week in a hotel would be an a advantage. I have been working for the last 7 1/2 years as the night manager of a hostel where I live for accommodation and a small wage so as not to lose any part of my Pension. So any advice you can give will be welcome.
As I said in my previous post, I will be in Siem Reap from the 22nd October till the 29th October 2015 staying at the Central Boutique Ankor Hotel and would like to meet.
regards Chris Beitsch

Hi christ, I live in Tapul area, SR in a studio house.  The rent is $200. You can find one here for the same price or less. It is minutes walk from your hotel. If you need one for a single or couple, send me PM.

Hello all

Please note that promotion of own services are not allowed on the forum.

@chrisbeit : You will find a lot of informations while browsing through the Siem Reap forum :top:

Kenjee
Expat.com Team