For Australians in BsAs or those planning to come to Argentina

Hello everyone. I would love to get in touch with Australians either living in Buenos Aires (Argentina) or those who are interested in visting Bs As in the near future for a multicultural experience or graduate studies. Many thanks in advance!

Are you still in BsAs? I am travelling to Aregentinea mid May then going to Australia later this year.
Jack

Hi Jack,

Yes, I live in Bs As and would love to get in touch. My personal email is [email protected]... you can also add me to your msn if that is ok with you, just let me know you are from the Expat.com!

Cheers,

Sol

Hi are you an australasian living in BA, or are u argentinian?.. Do you know what requirements i need to live & work in BA as an australian?

Hi Jake,

I am an Argentinean living in Buenos Aires.... I do know some of the requirements for foreigners as I work in a public office. but I would need some specific information in order to really help you out. First of all, you may want to check out the Australian Embassy in Buenos Aires website and let me know if they can clarify your questions.

http://www.argentina.embassy.gov.au/bai … /home.html

If you want any other information about living in BsAs, cost of living, lodging, etc. please contact me at [email protected] and I will be glad to help.

Best of luck!

Sol

Hi Sol,

Thanks very much for your reply!

I am an Australian currently living in the UK & travelling around europe wherever I can. I am heading home at the end of the year for around a year & looking at coming to South America in 2012, specifically Buenos Aires.

My goal is to stay & work for at least a year, learn Spanish fluently & experience your beautiful country.

I know i can acquire a 3 month visitor VISA, but im not sure if this will allow me to work, & whether there is an option for longer?

Thanks for the link to the Australian Embassy in Buenos Aires, but unfortunately its only in Spanish that I could see haha :(

Thanks again for all your help,
Jake.

Hi Jake,

This link is in English! There should be no problem to work in BsAs, as long as you apply for a worker's visa.

If you want to set up a business that is a bit more complicated. It all depends on what you are planning to do here.

http://www.argentina.gov.ar/argentina/p … agina=1333

Take care and write privately if you have more questions,

All the best.
Sol