Trying to beat the Brexit tide that is coming and move to London.

Hello guys,
I am a Greek thinking of moving to my "second home town" London. I have a 20+ years of experience in the food sector and especially corporate catering here in Greece and i would like to pursue an international career starting of in London. So my biggest worry at this time is the Brexit issue and how it affects people like me that want to move now and of course the mentality  of the people, thus speaking of the business owners towards foreigners. Just to be on the safe side i am talking about opportunities offered to foreigners still.
Apart from that, my other question is the following: Should i start looking for a job online and schedule an interview or should i move first to London, get a permanent address and then start looking. What are the steps needed. I have many friends currently living in London so i could use their address but i would not want to impose...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Both Greece and the UK are members of the EU today so you have freedom of moment and the right to stay.
There's a better than average both countries will leave that club in the next couple of years so your immigration status could well change, meaning investments are potentially dodgy.

Hi Zio,

Welcome to the Forum. :)

I agree with Fred; Brexit is currently the great unknown and will not be resolved for at least 2 years.  As to beating the tide; there has been public comment that any EEA passport holder who arrived after 23 June 2016 (the Brexit referendum date), may not be awarded the current EU protections that allows a citizen of an EEA country the right to live and work here.  It will almost certainly depend on the EU's response to the British Government's desire to extend the protections for all EU citizens living in the UK; so you may already have missed the boat.

You currently have the right to live and work in the UK and if you can get a job, then why not move here - a lot of people have already done it.  With regards to peoples attitudes to foreigners, there are xenophobes everywhere in the world; I suspect that if the person you are applying to fits in that category, you won't even get an interview, so will never know.

If you have a family to bring with you, I would be very cautious about moving here without a job.

Hope this helps.

Thank very much for your help!!