Thinking of moving

Hi, I am thinking of moving to England and Liverpool in particular. My ancestors were from England and I've alway had a special feeling for England. I'm in my mid fifties, so this is not a decision I make lightly. In fact, I have begun planning for this move about five years before I'll actually make it. Anyway, would like to hear from any folk from the States who might live in Liverpool, begin networking and sharing stories.

Also would love to chat with anyone from Liverpool. What's life there like? I know it's a rather cosmopolitan city now, but what does that mean, really? What's the theater scene like? What's the music scene like? Etc. Etc.

cheers

Lawrence Bullock (Google me, I'm on the Web!)

Welcome on Expat.com lbullock ;)

I hope that other members will bring their inputs to your discussions soon.

Wish you good luck for the realisation of your relocation project!

Regards

Thanks for the reply!

cheers

LB

To begin with, have you looked into getting a visa?  Its quite difficult for a US citizen to get a visa unless the ancestors that you mention are your parents, or you are married or engaged to a British citizen.

There are a few other options for obtaining, which you may have already researched, but if you have not, I would take good look into that first and foremost.

Blog: www.beyondthequeen.blogspot.com