Studying in Qatar

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Qatar?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Qatar?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

This is a very good idea. I really like this studying in abroad at doha. I will be the first one to join this a school in doha. Thanks alot

Qatar is maintaining high standard of living for expatriates, secure, easy to deal with authorities.  A secured place to live.
Qatar at the same time having excellent education opportunities for expatriates with the presence of American and Canadian Universities Campuses in Qatar.
Qatar University is also an ideal place to study. QU had affiliation with many International Universities and following international curriculum in the fields of Medical, Engineering and Business studies.
A highly recommended Country for expats education.
If anybody need further information please do not hesitate to contact me on +97455569897 or [email protected].

As an idea it is very good, the universities and colleges here in Qatar are top ranked worldwide because they are branches of the main universities in USA & Europe plus Qatar university.

Yes we do have most of the students are from different nationalities mostly from the living expats plus the international students, the main teaching language is English.

Unfortunately the tuition fees are very high and cost of living is expensive as well.

Studying abroad is great but Qatar would be the last place for cultural development. Great if you like shopping but  :sleep

I dont think its a good thought even to study in Qatar. Afterall Qatar is 10 years behind in the education and in the digital economy and they are very rigid in their employment talent.

There are no renowned universities in Qatar, niether any universities will form their base in Qatar because its not a friendly country for education!

Its much expensive to get admission and study in the reputed college or universities of Qatar. Being expat only the kids of the persons having strong education allowance from their employers can enjoy the study or Qataris kids. Living standard of Qatar are getting higher and higher day by day. Not good idea to move to Qatar for study purpose. Expensive

I will only recommend students to study here on full scholarship i.e., if they have sufficient funds from some organization/institution for fee plus living because it is difficult to manage living expenses for a student here (high-priced house rent and no good transport system).

So, in both cases i.e., for a semester or full academic year, you should have sufficient funds.

Some 'good' (not-prestigious) universities that I know of are Qatar University and Texas A&M University. For more info regarding fee, students nationalities and language of instruction have a look at QS Page.

Feel free to contact me if you need any related advice.

Regards,
Awais
RA at QU