Researching.......just beginnig the process

My husband and I are researching our next move.  We lived in the USVI and there is a website like this that we found very helpful (vimovingcenter.com).  I am 46 and an ultrasound tech.  My husband is 53 and runs his own auto repair shop outside of Chicago.  I am not ready to retire (my husband is).  I am an ultrasound tech and love my work.  Would I be able to work in Panama, is there are a need for my skills....Currently looking at other destinations as well.  Panama is one of our top picks.  I will read your side and welcome any input anyone is willing to give, positive or negative.  Thanks

Hi daysgoby, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to give you some advice.

I wish you good luck
:)
Christine

Not a very informative website.  Will move on....

you should be a little bit more patient ;)

I have plenty of time...Looks like I am heading back to the USVI for the next year anyway...A great job opportunity came through.  Agreed to a one year contract.  Plenty of adventerous souls there.  I have no doubt I will be able to pick plenty of brains of ex-pats who have and who are, and who will be traveling abroad.  Already know of a couple in their 80's who decided to leave the USVI for Argentina and a younger man treking to Panama to check out the landscape.

I will check this board from time to time and search out other venues for information as well.  I was just hoping for more of a response....Thanks though!!!

The main hospital here in Panama City is John Hopkins.  I'm sure that there is a need for your skill.  Outside of the city, I'm not sure if there is a large need.