Issuance of passport and birth certificate for newborn

Sir,i was working as a staffnurse in a hospital from there i resigned and joined in a school as school health nurse.The previous employer had provided  me noc with local release.but till now school has not yet processed for visa and clearance.my previous employer visa expires on 18 th feb 2017.I have delivery on march.Do i get the passport and birthcertificate for my child.Does Only father's visa is necessary for applying the birthcertificate and passport.kindly reply ,because my new visa renewal will take time.or else i have to exit the oman

Hi Rashmi anurag,

Both parents must be registered residents of Oman, for your child to be delivered here. I suppose that condition has already been met.

And if you are going to be having your delivery here (which should be the case since we are now already in January and you will not be able to board a flight at this advanced stage of your pregnancy), then obviously your would have to apply for your newborn child's passport and visa here only.

Both parent's passports and visas would be required to be able to apply for your child's passport as well as visa.