Planning to move to Gibraltar

Hi, I'm a retired Army female soldier in the Philippines.  I finished 25 years in the Army and now I'm 50 years old.  I plan to move to Gibraltar and try find a job.

I can tell you it is a beautiful sunny day here today.

Like every day I think ;)

velarose wrote:

Hi, I'm a retired Army female soldier in the Philippines.  I finished 25 years in the Army and now I'm 50 years old.  I plan to move to Gibraltar and try find a job.

Hi Velarose,

Welcome to the Forum. :)

There's not much information on the Forum regarding your question - sorry.

I've just had a quick look and from what I've found on the web, the same rules as entering the UK will apply.  You will definitely need a Visa and I'd recommend you follow this link from the Gibraltar Government website, related to applying for a visa.

With regards to work, I always offer this advice; you need 4 things to be successful:

1.  Luck.
2.  Relevant experience.
3.  Qualifications.
4.  Speak the local language.

The more of those you have, the better chance you have of finding something.  But then luck will kick in

One more point - although English is the official language in Gibraltar, Spanish is also useful - many Gibraltarian's work in Spain.

Best of luck with your journey and I hope this helps.

Regards

Cynic - also a retired soldier (but from the UK) :)

Hi Velarose

It may be worthwhile inquiring if you language Filipino is useful in the Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar, 
If so you would be very welcome here.

Grumpy