The holiday season in Brazil

Hello everyone,

Are you about to celebrate the holiday season in Brazil? In many countries and cultures, the festive season is the time for happiness and reunions/gatherings. Is it so in Brazil? How do Brazilians celebrate this very special time of the year?

What about you? Will you spend the holiday season in your host country or in your home country? Will there be expat reunions/celebrations/parties in your region/town/area?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Priscilla

In the USA you hear Christmas music six weeks before and a week after this holiday.  After hearing this music each year, for seventy years, it is refreshing not to hear it.  Christmas in the US has been fun at times.  It has also been a time of stress.  I love Brazil's low key approach.  For most people it is just another day.

I prefer Christmas in Brazil! It's a holiday most Brazilians celebrate and is not as stressful as America. No holiday music or decorations at every store from Halloween on. It's not about who can buy their kids the most toys. Most kids get 2-3 gifts. It's about being with family and enjoying the holidays. The weather is beautiful, swimming pool is open, enjoying the outdoors, etc... I enjoy seeing the pictures of my family in America all bundled up and freezing.

Happy Holidays to everybody!! I really enjoyed Christmas in South America (especially in Rio). So much fun! Here in the States, I find it's too commercial. Sometimes I feel like all they want to do is sell as much as they can. I might be wrong, but I feel that way. Merry Christmas and please drink a caipirinha for me!!!!

I'm far to busy to take time off,
so I will be working, the whole time,
holes to be dug,
concrete to be pored and walls to be built
Humbug Humbug