Health Requirments for over seventy years of age

Hi Guys

I understand that medical insurance do not cover over sixty fives.    So if I become a resident for say two years what do I have to do to get hospital treatment ? 

Alan

Not sure if I am comprehending it fully to give the right answer, but provided you do not have insurance, you can still go to the hospital and get treated, though it is quite expensive.
If this does not answer your question, please elaborate further.
Z

Hi Xeeschan

Thanks very much for your reply.

I understood that there was a government scheme for those with residence visa's.  I know that those expats under 65 are compelled to have health insurance and that it is at a quite reasonable cost.   

Also am aware that the health insurance company's will not insure over 65's  surely if there is no other cover then us oldies will be a liability to Turkey.  Would that not be a complication when applying for a residents visa?

Would I not qualify for government health care after being resident for a year?

This will need some research. I'll have to check with my office and get back to you with correct information.

Hi,
Groupama covers health insurance for residence permit for over 61 years of age for one year or two years.
However, it will cost more than 2700 Turkish liras.

Hi,
The Turkish Government doesn't require people under 18 and people above 65 years old to have an inssurance policy to get a residence permit.
But this doesn't mean you can't do it. It is just not necessary to do to have a residence permit. But when you will go to the hospital or doctor you will have to pay the full price.
You might want to also check if your insurrance policy in your native country cover expenses for expatriates. Otherwise it might be good for you to get it in Turkey if you are planning to stay for a long time.

Salam , I am planning to live in Ankara with my wife , buying a house and reside in this lovely country for the rest of my life.

I understand that there  will be no medical insurrance for senior people , so may I know approximately how much it cost the average physician fare or fees , and how much it will cost approximately the medications in Ankara for chronic diseases in average please

Buy an insurance.
Is not so expensive in Turkey like in SUA or even EU.
If you are resident in Turkey, if you legally live there, you may have the access of free healthcare system in Turkey.
Check with a lawyer.
Google free advice for foreigners who want to move to Turkey.

That is true my friend. I have been in Kusadasi for 9 weeks now and I am over 65. I recently had a medical emergency and visited the local public hospital. I was kept overnight, had blood tests, catheder inserted, x-rays, ultra sound and was prescribed medication. I do not speak Turkish but luckily a friend came along to translate for me.

All this cost me under $200 USD. Treatment by staff was not like the states but they did a fine job in getting me back on the road to good health.

I have a 2 year renewable residency card which greatly reduced my hospital costs. I am being told by a neighbor who works in the health insurance business that he can get me affordable health insurance after I am here for 1 year.

If I can be of any further help, please let me know.

Dennis

2700 tl per month ?

That is true my friend. I have been in Kusadasi for 9 weeks now and I am over 65. I recently had a medical emergency and visited the local public hospital. I was kept overnight, had blood tests, catheder inserted, x-rays, ultra sound and was prescribed medication. I do not speak Turkish but luckily a friend came along to translate for me.

All this cost me under $200 USD. Treatment by staff was not like the states but they did a fine job in getting me back on the road to good health.

I have a 2 year renewable residency card which greatly reduced my hospital costs. I am being told by a neighbor who works in the health insurance business that he can get me affordable health insurance after I am here for 1 year.

Dennis

Dennis

Dennis

2700 TL per month or per year for over 65 or 61 ??????

Please advice.......

Thank you,
Paul