Health insurance for foreigners/Residence permit

Hello people,

Can somebody please quote the price for yearly price for the health insurance for the residency permit?

It varies accordingly to the age, yearly it varies between 150 to 400 turkish liras, it depends on how old are you as I mentioned

Yes i know depends on age, weight, gender. The problem is confusion. As different people and companies have quotes different prices?  Let's say if a person is 32-35 of age. But again some people have told me the price of health insurance is 470 per month. But when I emailed a company they said 257 per year. On the other hand some others say other price

Dear
Because of many many nationalities that live in Istanbul, unfortunately there's much deception in how to get your residency from private offices that deals with foreigners
But if you're like myself living in Istanbul from a while, you know how it works
For your residency you need firstly taxes number which you can have it one visit to the proper authority free of charge, then you have a lease contract for the house you're renting, your passport photocopy, recent photographs and date designated by the Turkish government on the internet - this step you must take through one of the offices I said and it coasts about 20 to 30 lira - and your health insurance policy that I mentioned before
That's it

With the health insurance you purchase to get your residence permit, how much health coverage do you get when you get sick? For example, how much (approximately) would you have to pay out of pocket:

1. When you go to see a doctor for a bad cough that involves x-rays?

2. When you need to have surgery to remove your appendix?

3. When you need to remove a cataract from your right eye?

4. When you need to extract a tooth?

You may visit www.saglikpolicesi.com

Thanks. I also visited:

http://www.istanbulforeignersoffice.com … -insurance

So for a person between the age of 41 and 45, he pays only about 400 TL *a year*??? If so, that would be fantastic.

They do check your health first?
Body.. chest.. blood?

The health insurance you will get for your residency application will vary between 400-500TL per YEAR.

Before you get too excited, allow me to explain. This type of health insurance is extremely basic. It does NOT cover regular GP visits or things like Flu/Common Cold hospital visits, etc.

In fact, when you will try to use, it at private hospitals like say Acibadem, they will politely tell you they do not accept this health insurance.

This health insurance is purely for the purpose of having 'some' form of insurance and has an extremely limited cover.

Turkey is a country that earns a lot in Medical Tourism. It would be defeating the purpose that if everyone wanted to get some medical treatment done here, they could come here on a short-term resident permit with health insurance and get their health issues taken care of.

This is why, it is extremely difficult for non-residents to get proper private health insurance, that is otherwise available to many Turkish citizens. Insurance companies will not offer you the premium version which covers regular GP visits, etc. The cost of such health insurance is about anywhere from TL 3,000-5,000 per year per person. Or in usually the case of a family of four, about TL 10,000-15,000 per year.

If you want health insurance that is pragmatic, and one that covers your regular GP visits, etc. your resident permit application health insurance sadly will NOT cover this.

youness1980 wrote:

They do check your health first?
Body.. chest.. blood?

For a health insurance costing less than TL 500/person/year. No visits, no blood tests, no x-ray etc. are required.

tk_kaplan wrote:

1. When you go to see a doctor for a bad cough that involves x-rays?

At a private hospital when I had a bad cold/flu, I had to get blood test, etc. and I went into the emergency, the cost was about TL 1,300

Later on, I had pneumonia and again I went into emergency, blood tests, chest-xray, CT scan, internal medicine, etc. cost was about TL 4,500