Property prices in Tunis

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Tunis is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Tunis?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

I am going to be looking at houses to purchase in Ez Zahra, but I need to have a residence card first. This takes 3 months.
While I am waiting for this I have found a 1 bedroom apartment that is 800 dinar with the utilities included, but because I am going to rent from a friend of a friend he will not charge me the full price of 1,000 dinar a month.

Hi ya ! Where's located your place and is it furnished or not ? Think you got a bit screwed.
If not satisfied, my Landlord who's actually an agency used to deal with foreigners can suggest you cheaper in the city center.
Regards : )

Hii
In fact, finding a house or a flat in Tunis with reasonable price is very difficult nowdays. But sometimes there are very nice opportunities to have one with a very good price. In ou area you may find a good flat with a good price.
Sincerely

It's furnished and utilities included. Compared to the other places in the area the price is lower than the rest. It's bigger than American apartments by far and I am happy with it.

If u're happy with that, that's most important. Am personnaly renting a one bed room flat with terrace view ( a "Yard", big balconny) at 500 in the city center. Furnished, bills not included, but my consumption is low, not to mention that my agency pays a part of the bills as well (Am payin 10 to 15 TND a month. Think my stuff is a good deal.
Cheerio : )

I actually rented an apartment in Bizerte while I was looking for a house to buy.  I lived in Bizerte when we first went to Tunisia and then we lived on the farm in the south.......It was huge, I had 3 bedrooms, dining room, lounge room, 2 bathrooms and a great 'American' kitchen.  It had 2 big terraces looking out onto the med and just steps from the beach.  It was unfurnished and not heated but it was great value at TND650 mth.  The building had only 3 floors mine took up the whole of the top floor and my landlord and his family had the ground and 1/2 the first floor.  They looked after me as if I was a member of their family and if they saw me coming home with gaz or heavy shopping one the sons would rush out to help me up the stairs.  Well, I found my house and we all cried when I moved out but I loved my year with them!!  Prices are starting to go up in Tunisia but there are still some great areas to live and some good rentals.  If you have a Tunisian friend then it is better for them to negotiate the price for you.

JustMacy - my opinion is that you are being charged way too much and your friend may not be so much a friend.

That's what I said as well regarding our mate Macy. Cause 800 is supposed to be for what they call "High Standing". Meaning the flat is meant to be brand new and modern.

The apartment has been remodeled and everything in it is brand new. It is a beautiful place and I am happy. The furniture is also new. The only thing that I had a problem with was the size of the television, so I went out and bought the one that I wanted.

justmacy wrote:

The apartment has been remodeled and everything in it is brand new. It is a beautiful place and I am happy. The furniture is also new. The only thing that I had a problem with was the size of the television, so I went out and bought the one that I wanted.

Good ! so we are mistaken : )

Hi Genops, I'm actually looking for a flat in the City Centre. I just spoke to an agent who seems very good, but just in case it would be great to have the contact details for your landlord's agence immobiliere. Could you post it or message?

Hello,

I see the price is very reasonable can you help me find something similar? I know the post is old but it would probably find something close to that.