Property prices in Bangkok

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Bangkok is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Bangkok?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Hi all ,

Property renting or buying is a major decision as it should be considered on where you wish to work and/ or live or both.
Having purchased many properties in Asia in the past the same criteria applys wherever your place of needs and comfort is to maintain your ideal space .
After looking for some 2 years I purchased in sukimvit 105 a studio condo which I use when visiting Bangkok and a beautiful home at Bang Saray some 20klms east of Pattaya .
The home comes with pool 3 bedrooms with nice large land and lots of beautiful tropical plants in a gated community with mainly Farangs residing from all countries around the world .
It's quiet ,close to the beach ,as well as being able to enjoy a modern international lifestyle to what I have been accustomed to all at a very reasonable price.
I must say that it took me almost 2years to find such s paradise with many hours of frustration and wasted time to find .
So for those looking for something idyllic take your time and eventually you can find your ideal hidden dream .
So good how hunting and trust you have some luck !!
Bruce

Greetings All,

I have my own reasons for being very hesitant to invest in real estate in Thailand.

As such, i have had a good 10 years experience of the various renting options to be had in and around Bangkok.

If your lifestyle involves travelling to and from Thailand often, it can be very costly and time consuming, (not to mention very tricky) if you have to consider rental leases, storage of your 'live in Thailand' belongings, and dealing with rip-off hotel operators.

Three years ago i found the ideal option for my situation and have not had to worry since.

I rent a studio appartment in a condo complex chain run by a very well known and well established company in Bangkok.

Because i rent straight from the room owner, i pay power and water charges direct to the supplier, so no more rip-off padding of water and power bills.

The room itself has bedding, tv (and tv package), 2 options of ultra fast internet servers, a small lounge, new air con, fan, hot water, and even a microwave. All provided by the owner.

The complex itself is well run, with great security, as well a gym (free) and pool (30baht charge)  and library/office/meeting area.
It even has its own family mart store within the grounds.

A shopping centre is 3 mins walk outside the gate, as well as  Big C, Tesco Lotus and Foodland, all within 20 mins walk.

There are a few very minor disadvantages regarding the location, but otherwise it ticks all the boxes for me, which is a rare find.

The best part is the rent (under 9k per month) which means no great loss of value if i leave it vacant for a few months.
At that price i can afford to keep it ongoing while i come and go.

I have found dealing with an individual owners a breeze. She seems to appreciate a very reliable farang tennant who pays EVERY 1st of month, before lunchtime!
Im sure she also realise there are many other units sitting unnoccupied here.

All quite stable and suits my situation perfectly  until which time i will either come permanently...or leave permanently!

cheers and good travels!

Hello-

I came across your message. I come to Bangkok often. Wondering what prices are for studios to own by an American.
Any advice? I'm looking for people to meet and learn from while I'm here.
Thx! Gina

Hi Gina,

Are you looking to actually buy or rent a studio appartment?
I do have a lot of reccomendations and am glad to help, but i am hesitant to put all the info on a public forum.
If you would like to exchange emails or social media, LINE, ect..i am happy to help out.
cheers and happy travels,
Jim

Jim-

That'd be great! Thx

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

A bit about the prices in Bangkok here:
https://senseproperty.com/property-deta … rm-in-2016