Ratchathewi

I am considering renting an apartment here. What are your feedback on this place. Any comments deeply appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to Expat.com guyinblues! :)

im deciding between ratchathewi or onnut or ratchada-huaikwang.
Really need suggestions before committing. like how's the traffic etc

Thks Perthgirl...

i am considering on-nut as well..thks alot for the heads up...been to the link@sukhumvit 50. Considering other condos in the area.

Cheers

Hi Guy in Blues

I live right next to Ratchathewi BTS and I really love this area a lot...it is local with lots of charm and awesome Thai food...and at the same time, its a ten minute walk to Siam Square, MBK and all the places you wanna go, when you wanna go be a farang. Id go with this side of the city anyday - but it depends on what you are after, I guess. On Nut is quite local and peaceful, and there are more green spots out there. You get more for your money out there too. Its too far away from the city center for my taste, though. Good luck with finding the right apartment!

it is a nice area where there is BTS and near Siam Square

I like where I'm living on Rangnam Road in Ratchathewi. It's like 3 mins walk to the BTS, the Century Mall is right next to it, with a supermarket, cinema, lots of restaurants on that road, King Power, at least 3 7-Elevens and Tesco Express, a park just 4 mins walk away from my apt, which has group aerobics between 6-6:45pm and jogging. I love the convenience, I love it where I am!

Hi Yardiebarbie,

I am not sure if you are still around and hope you are. I am interested in finding out a place like you described in Ratchathewi area that is convenient for the city, gym, shopping.

Hope to hear from you soon.