Close

English speaking jobs in Constanta, Romania

I'm having a hard time finding a job primarily utilizing my advanced english speaking skills, specifically in Constanta, Romania. I've created profiles with my cv (in English) on both ejobs.ro and bestjobs.ro but haven't had any luck. I was born in Constanta but moved to the United States when I was 3 years old and have returned now after 20+ years. I speak Romanian quite fluently however my reading and writing skills are mediocre to say the less. I am taking lessons to improve my reading and writting in Romanian as well as professional communication.

I was wondering/hoping that someone could give me some employment tips. I would love to be able to have a job where I can excel using my advanced professional knowledge of the English language.

Thanks for any help.

The only employment tip I would give is, improve your Romanian skills as much as possible.  You're going to need it anyway if you're living here long term.  As you are discovering, knowing English alone won't be enough as there are plenty of expats and Romanians that have good English skills.  A lot of people also know Italian, French or Spanish also to some degree.  If you speak Romanian as fluently as you say you do, reading and writing it shouldn't be too hard......practice and practice more!

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Try "networking" with all the Contacts you have already and try Social Media. (LinkedIn) is a very Professional site to list your CV and to make Contacts. I'  ll say a prayer for you.

Expatriate health insurance in Constanta

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Constanta

Moving to Constanta

Find tips from professionals about moving to Constanta

Travel insurance in Constanta

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Constanta

Flights to Constanta

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Constanta