Credit Cards in Malta?

Hi,

I am looking to get a euro credit card after moving from the UK to Malta last month. I have spoken to the banks and now know that the system they have here for getting a credit card is crazy - having to freeze 1500 in savings to get a 700 euro limit etc!

Does anyone know another credit card company which offers a euro credit card in the regular way? e.g. does a credit check/salary based assessment and offers a limit based on that?

Thanks

Lauren

Try using the search boxes at the top. This topic has been done to death before!
Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:

Try using the search boxes at the top. This topic has been done to death before!
Ray

totally agree with this

but will help you anyway this time - google insignia

Open an HSBC Advance account, apply for VISA Credit Card (in addition to VISA Electron which is considered as International Debit Card) with lowest amount of 100 Euro credit, i.e. only 100 Euro will be blocked on your savings account (in my case for the first year only) and you'll have 200 Euro "credit" (blocked 100 Euro plus 100 Euro from HSBC)
With Online banking you can transfer money from your savings account to your CC account within 1 minute and use the CC afterwards.
If you want to pay the "credit" back in monthly rates (with interest of course), you only have to call to the bank (24/7 Phone banking, even when abroad), otherwise the amount will be directly deducted from your CC account.