Getting a reference from Santander in the UK

Hi,

I'm trying to get a bank account in Malta, and am having some trouble getting Santander in the UK to reply. I've got a suspicion if I could get the reference request sent to the right address, I'd get the response I'm after. But figuring out what that address has proved impossible so far.

Has anyone had any success with Santander in the UK?

cheers,

- Peter

Hmmmm, thats next on my list having just arrived, be interested to see what we have to do.
:(
Andrew

The process is pretty simple - you just fill out a form saying you authorise your bank in the UK to give you a reference with how long you've been a customer, etc.

Unfortunately it's not really a standard process for most banks (especially foreign banks, when the letters are sent in English). So when I called Santander, they said they couldn't do anything - but I can't be the only foreigner in Malta who banks with Santander UK, can I..?

Story of my life with Santander!

First off - Calling won't help with this bank. Send them an email on - [email protected].

They will direct you to the right department and the matter will be dealt with. 

Alternatively, just send them a letter and they will deal with your query.

85 Gracechurch St 
London
EC3V 0EQ

This bank is so annoying its unbelievable - No wonders it was voted the worst bank in the UK.

Thanks
Meddie

Brilliant, thanks Smeddie. I hope this works! :)

I also bank with them in UK, so that info is useful, thank you