Moving from the uk to albania

hi my names jade and im married to an albanian, i want to move to albania but have no idea on how to go about it, ive phones the albanian embassey in london and asked if i need a visa their reply was no but after 3 months i have to go to the police station and request a living permit. i do not know if this infomation is correct if anyone has any infomation on moving there please reply to my post
thank you
jade xx
:D

Welcome on Expat.com jade ;)

I hope that other members will bring their inputs to your questions soon! May be you shall post your message on the United Kingdom forum as well!

Regards

What a problem if you have married on an albanian citizen aready? Maybe you just lie... Anyway you can get visa in embassy and after living about 5 years you can pretend for a permanent living there.

I got some news from property reseller agent about buying a property in Albania, it mentioned here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 568#279971
If you know what really happens there, please let me know about...

hi, i dont know if you found your answer, but just to let you know that i am also married to an albanian, and have been living in tirana albania for nearly 3 years, it was our choice to live here and not uk, if you stay in albania for more then 90 days you have to go to the border police in tirana and apply for a visa for 1 year, after the 1st year you have to apply again, but the next visa lasts for 2 years after this you have the right to apply for an albanian passport. it costs 10000 lek for the visas. i hope this answers your question

Hi caron!

Thanks for your contribution ;)

Armand

Hi if you aren't married to an albanian just in a relationship can u stay for more than 3 months through the same process or do you have to be married? your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lauren

hi lauren

no you dont have to be married, anyone can apply for a visa to outstay 90 days here, you fill in the neccesary forms, the border police give you,and pay the fee, it takes a couple of weeks to complete so i suggest that you apply at least 3 weeks before your 90 days expires, hope this answers your questions.

ah thats great Caron, thanks for your help! can i ask how u find living in Tirana? do u speak albanian? i dont really speak any so am hoping to learn pretty quick when i get there! :-)