Help about Nairobi

I am interested in getting osme help about Nairobi as I am considering moving there by February.If you can help, outstanding or direct me to someone who can. Many thanks in advance.

My questions:

1. Is it safe?? I have heard of car jackings, muggings being part of life?

2. Language issues? Is English easily understood?

3. Living expenses? I am keen to know these. Cost of housing, car, Indian domestic help and a local driver...vegetarian food..

4. where to live? not in an apartment but a villa. 2 / 3 bedroom.

5. Domestic travel safety

Many thanks.

Hi madsad,

Your topic has been introduced as a new thread on the Nairobi forum for better visibility.

I wish you good luck
Christine

it all depends with what cost you want to incurr. i can help you out to solve most but not all problems. samkidathi AT GMAIL.COM

Hello Madsad,

1. Is it safe?? I have heard of car jackings, muggings being part of life?
TJ: There are certain parts of Nairobi you should avoid at all costs especially at night. Yes, car jackings and petty crime are an issue but if you exercise some basic precautions, you should be ok.

2. Language issues? Is English easily understood?
TJ: Yes, English is widely spoken.

3. Living expenses? I am keen to know these. Cost of housing, car, Indian domestic help and a local driver...vegetarian food..
TJ: Previous posts have answered this in detail. If you need specific information please message me.

4. where to live? not in an apartment but a villa. 2 / 3 bedroom.
TJ: This will depend where you work. For a villa, Karen, Lavington, Kileleshwa would be good.

5. Domestic travel safety
TJ: I drive all over the country and so do most people. Carry a spare tyre and subscribe to road assistance services. Air travel is also safe.

Regards,
TJ

hi all,

i am also thinking of shifting to Nairobi.
i also hav d same questions as madsad.......
i just want to add few points to those of madsad.

1. Are there any schools in Nairobi, affiliated to CBSE board ?????????? If yes,please name them. And if no, please tell me which is the most common board among the south asians who go there. Please name the schoolsof that board.

2. Are there good health facilities available in Nairobi regarding cardiac(heart)diseases , as im a cardiac patient.

plzz reply as fast as possible..

Regards,
Nman

Thanks TJ. I need some more help, is there somehwere I can write to you?

Many thanks

Hi TJ,...........

Even I have some questions............
How can I contact you ??????

Hi,

I'm happy to help you out. You can message me privately on the forum.

Cheers!

I live in Nairobi and I find it safe

Many thanks Jacky and TJ. Appreciate it :)

hi
i hope you arrived all settling in well. if you need any help where transport is concered i can assist you. hope you enjoy kenya