Car Shopping

Greetings Khobarians.  Happy 2011.

So I've given the taxi route a valiant effort, but after many evenings and quite a few weekends left to languish in my apartment at the sometimes daunting task of exploring in a taxi, I've decided that I need a car.  It'll be best for my sanity.

The classified section of this site is pretty much barren, and I'm clueless as to where to start.  Ideally, I'd like to buy a cheap, yet reliable, used car and then resale it when I leave in 1.5-3.5 years.  However, I'd be open to a lease deal too, especially if it's cheap. 

If I'm buying the car, I'd feel better buying from another expat - camaraderie or something...plus, I've seen how Saudis drive.  Where's the best place to look? 

Tips and leads would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Hi,

not much ads in the classifieds, but I think it's still a good start as we send the latest classifieds in our newsletters ;)

expatriates.com, dubizzle.com and e-haraj.com are just a few.....

all three are good for the classifieds!

Moving to Khobar mid-Feb 2011.
Coming with a Canadian Driving License - do I need to take a new test - what are the formalities - just an exchange of license with an eye test etc??
Besides dubizzle.com, expatriats.com, topsaudicars.com sites, any other places to find a good car (not dealers!!)
Thanks for your thoughts!

Hi tareqt,

I suggest you to start a new topic about the formalities for driving license on the Khobar forum.

Thank you.

quite a good site I found that's not been mentioned is;

sauditopcars.com

Happy car hunting!