Newcomer

Hi, I have just joined this forum as a UK Expat and hoping to meet other people here in Ghana. I came to start a challenging new life, do you think I have any chance? I am not a youngster but very young at heart.

Hi,
I think you'll find it a safe city as long as you take the normal precautions you would anywhere.
Yes there is wireless. I listen to the BBC worldservice all the time!
Hope you enjoy your stay

Hi,happyface,Welcome to Ghana ,Am from China too,My QQ 944-84-263

Hi,Happyface,I have added your QQ,I can chat with you using it or just here.

Hi Tobyjack
Hope you have settled into your new life in Ghana, I am looking forward to joining my partner who is already out there.  Have you found it easy to get involved with communities out there, I would like to mix with a variety of people and not just people through partners work.  Ideally, I would like to establish a life in my own right if you know what I mean.

Hkan, glad to hear you confirm what I've already been told about it being a safe city, always like to be reassured.

Happyface, don't know if you've been out to Accra before, but I was out for a week in December and felt very welcome and safe whereever I went.  As Khan says, just take precautions that you would normally do when out and about.

Who knows we may meet up on our travels.

Hi Sheenamac
I think you will find there are a lot of different organisations you can join if you are based in Accra. accraexpat.com gives a list of them and they also organise get-togethers on a regular basis.
Hope you enjoy your Ghana experience and I'm sure we can meet in Accra Mall for a coffee.

Hi Khann

Look forward to coffee once I get myself out there and settled. :)