Dealing with homesickness in Bolivia

Hello everyone,

Being an expat in Bolivia can turn out to be a wonderful human, social or professional adventure... with potential moments of nostalgia and homesickness along the way.

What are your personal tips to prevent homesickness?

How do you deal with such feelings?

Are there shops or stores offering products from your home country in Bolivia? Or maybe venues with music and ambiance from your homeland?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla

During my three years  in Bolivia, I very rarely felt homesick for the UK. Every Saturday during the English football season I would watch two or three English football matches  available on Bolivian TV. Also available were two BBC television stations. as well as listening to many British radio stations. If I heard an English accent more often than not I would rush over to  talk to them.

I had  moved in my opinion to a better place and wanted to learn abut Bolivian culture and life. It  was a new beginning I had been granted residence, unfortunately I have since lost this due to my mother having a long illness in the UK and being absent from Bolivia for a long period of time. I will be applying for a spouses visa to return and be
re-united with my wife