Any african ladies married to norwegians?

Hi y'all,

I'm engaged to a wonderful norwegian gentleman and will  be moving to Bergen from Zambia ,during the course of this year. I'd like to know more about the norwegian culture and what its been like living there from a foreigner's point of view. I'm excited about the new life am going to start and looking  forward to meeting and making new friends.

takk,
Mbu

Hi Mbu, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope members will share their expat experience with you very soon and i'm sure you will make lot of new contacts on the site.

I wish you good luck
Christine

thank you Christine for the warm welcome.The site's been of a lot help so far.

Hi Mrs2b,

I am African-American and also engaged to a Norwegian citizen. Although I don't currently live there, I've visited several times. I have had the most wonderful experiences and have enjoyed each trip. I am moving there permanently in April of 2012 and would love a new friend :) You can email if you wish at [email protected].

Hi, girls how are the norvegian men compared to other nationalities ?

Hullo Friends I am a ugandan and I am travelling to bergen. I wish to meet some ugandans or africans as you, the culture remaims. Where can I find them. Please can get in tatch with one ugandan if possible?

Malinga David.

Hullo every body am a Ugandan  but i live in Denmark and have for the last 4 years.Basically these countries are the same and language almost similar.
   Am dating  a Norwegian man and am sure it is a nice place you will love it,am here and we can be friends,email at [email protected]:)

Hi all!

I'm an African-American female who has met a lovely Norwegian man. He's sweet, caring, handsome, and understands me as no one has in a long-time.

We have been talking about marriage which means, one of us will have to relocate.  He currently lives in Norway, I in the states.  We are both learning towards me relocating to his country but I have some concerns.

First, employment since I love and need to work, how hard will it be to get a job without a fluency in the language? I am well educated with two masters degrees, but will that serve me well there?

Also, I have children, two teenagers.  My guy will have no problems accepting then, but how will they be treated as foreigners? 

I have read so many things, both positive and negative, but I see people in this forum who may be able to offer some insight and/or advice.

I think it is difficult to find a job in Norway without fluency in Norwegian, however in your case you might be able to find employment using your English language skills (e.g if you have master degrees in fields such as software engineering , petroleum , teaching).

In regard to racism, the way we perceive the world is based on the Law of Karma.
That said, Norway is certainly better than a lot of other countries when it comes to racism, and I recommend you settle down in Oslo.

Neen44 wrote:

Hi all!

I'm an African-American female who has met a lovely Norwegian man. He's sweet, caring, handsome, and understands me as no one has in a long-time.

We have been talking about marriage which means, one of us will have to relocate.  He currently lives in Norway, I in the states.  We are both learning towards me relocating to his country but I have some concerns.

First, employment since I love and need to work, how hard will it be to get a job without a fluency in the language? I am well educated with two masters degrees, but will that serve me well there?

Also, I have children, two teenagers.  My guy will have no problems accepting then, but how will they be treated as foreigners? 

I have read so many things, both positive and negative, but I see people in this forum who may be able to offer some insight and/or advice.

Any lady new in bergen we can hook up for a walk and gym or cinema and check the surrounding im a mother of 6month old kid and im 21year old