Planning a Trip to UAE via Saudi Arabia from Bahrain by road
First apply for UAE e-VISA at
1. Open www.ednrd.ae
2. Click GCC Individual
3. Create an account without which you cannot apply for e-VISA
4. Select the Emirate (Abu Dhabi) & Port of Entry (ALGOUIFAT) which is at the Saudi-UAE border
5. Provide all the relevant details and submit
In case your wife and kids are accompanying you, apply separately for all of them and if you are there sponsor, make sure that once you get the VISA
you upload the same alongwith the other documents for your family. This is important otherwise you will find the status of your application as
"Documents required for Further Processing"
It takes 1-2 days for the VISA processing. In my case I got the very next day and my wife's VISA took another day as documents were missing
Next for Saudi Arabia Transit VISA
Saudi Transit VISA can be obtained from VFS Tasheel who are the only authorized agents in Bahrain appointed by Saudi Embassy. There are located in
Bahrain Financial Harbour at Second Floor.
You will have to book an appointment with them online and then on the date go with your documents.
Documents required are listed on https://www.vfstasheel.com/VFSTasheel/h … mation.jsp
One important document for which you will have to put in effort will be the "No Objection Certificate" (NOC) which you will require from your
Company (which you work for). It has to be in Arabic ONLY. This NOC letter will have to be attested by Bahrain Chamber of Commerce. For that you
will have to go to Bait Al Tijjar building which is in Sanabis alongside LMRA building.
Carry the NOC letter drafted in Arabic on your company's letterhead alongwith the company owner's CPR and teh company's CR copy.
In case the company you work for is not a Member of Bharain Chamber of Commerce, I am not sure whether they will attest the letter or not.
Attestantion charges are BHD 10/-
Once you have all the documents apply for Saudi Transit Visa as below.
1. Open www.vfstasheel.com
2. Select "Schedule an Appointment" and next "Make an Appointment"
3. Select your country as Bahrain and Purpose of Travel as Transit
4. There are two categories in which you can apply - Normal or Lounge
5. Normal Service is BHD 19.5 per VISA and Lounge is BHD 34.5 per VISA. I opted for Normal and got the work done very easily.
6. On the appointment date go with all the documents, submit those, pay the VISA fee,Health Insurance Fee (introduced recently), get the Boimetrics
done. It all take maximum 1 hour including waiting time.
7. Usually they will tell you the same time that by when will your passport will be stamped and ready for collection. For me I got the Passport the very next day.
Once you are ready with the UAE and Saudi VISAs and you start your travel, you will have to get Car insurance for Saudi at Saudi Border and for UAE at UAE border.