Making recommendations

If you know of a business or person that provides a service that other members could use. Please make an entry in this page. It will remain available long after the particular subject becomes old and it is archived. This way your recommendation will be around for a long time. … erto-rico/

Doctors, Lawyers, Realtors, places to eat, favorite watering hole, church, scuba shop/school, furniture mover, hobby shop, store, favorate roasted pork place, bakery, school, any type of business that you think will help people in this forum.

Members who visited the place or received the service and like it, should give it a LIKE. This will help others trust it.

Your hired!! lol

I just want to advise members that this forum is monitored by me and many other senior members (from many countries) and also by the management of the forum.

We recently had 3 situations were posts were either hidden or deleted due to a little too much self promotion of a business created by one of the members. These self promotions or promotions of some business should be posted under the new business section: … erto-rico/

I am pro using that section but not necessarily for the removal of the posts.

I believe that an expat that starts a new business if proud of his/her accomplishment and should be able to let the rest of the members know about it. However management is not necessarily in agreement with me.

I am trying to make a case for some to be re-stated, but the best you all can do is use the above link and maybe offer others your experience of what it was like to open the business, the ease or issues you encountered in getting the permits and tone down the AD part. A useful post is a lot easier to defend than one that just reeks of being an AD.

Please share your experiences with the members when you open a business, many others would want to know what it is like and it is part of what this forum is all about, helping each others move to the island and stories of success.

I will do what I can for you but I am not a voting member of the board. If you would like to talk about this I am a PM away.

Must a whole thread be deleted because of one post? Why not just delete the post in question? Just a thought.

In those particular cases the first post that created the thread was the one in question, the other posts were responding to the first post, so the 1-3 response post had no reason to exist on their own.

I read EVERY single post to any of the subjects in Puerto Rico forum shortly after posting as I get an email on my iPhone, a delay of an hour or two while in the train or more if sleeping occur, but during most of the day I read them within an hour, likely minutes. While I may or may not respond for a number of reasons like nothing I can add to, or thinking how best to respond, or waiting for someone local to that area to jump in, I am still monitoring each post.

Questions and answers about Puerto Rico

Ask your question
Container shipping from Florida US
By luis.grace
Pit bull and pit bull mixes
By Lulu822
Service dogs
By Lulu822

Expatriate health insurance in Puerto Rico

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Puerto Rico

Moving to Puerto Rico

Find tips from professionals about moving to Puerto Rico

Travel insurance in Puerto Rico

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Puerto Rico

Flights to Puerto Rico

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Puerto Rico