Close

Is there alot of buzz about the Zika Virus?

Hi again!

For those of you already in Colombia, are people making a big deal about the Zika Virus? I am a female who is thinking about starting a family in the next couple of years and am planning on, coincidentally, moving to Colombia by then. In the US, it is in the medial all of the time and there are recommendations to delay pregnancy and not travel to areas where the virus is prevalent... Are there any ladies in Colombia who are in the same situation as I am and what are the local Dr.s saying?

Thank you!
Gabby

There have been over 70,000 cases of Zika in Colombia. I was just there and they talk about Zika. But they're not running scared like Brazil.

Out of those 70,000 cases of Zika, Colombia has not had one confirmed case of microencephaly of a newborn. 80% of Zika victims never even know they have it.

The problems in Brazil with Microencephaly are due to something else. And the US Center for Disease Control is aiding in this cover up.

If I sound conspiratorial, then look it up for yourself. It's a problem in Brazil. Not Colombia. You'll be fine.

Questions and answers about the health system

Ask your question
valeriafraschetti
Osteopath?
By valeriafraschetti
cccmedia
Top Things Found at a Colombian E.R.
By cccmedia
GMistral
Rio Negro-Antioquia. Medical facilities?
By GMistral
CassiAlexandra
Looking for a Chiropractor in Medellin...who speaks english.
By CassiAlexandra
marlee99
Healthcare Expat to Interview
By marlee99
marlee99
Healthcare Expat to Interview
By marlee99

Expatriate health insurance in Colombia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Colombia

Moving to Colombia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Colombia

Travel insurance in Colombia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Colombia

Flights to Colombia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Colombia