Changing Kuwait / Qatar Driving Licence to Bahrain Driving Licence

Dear Friends

I would like to know the procedure for changing the driving licence in Bahrain in exchange of other GCC licence. I have seen some information in this forum, is the procedure still the same?

what are the timings and what documents need to be submitted? Any body recently had done this, please share their views

Regards

Hi

I am quiet certain that its still the same

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=291865

T&R

Yes - still the same.

Take your current license to the licencing section at the traffic directorate, alongwith a letter from your employer, your CPR card, your picture and your passport showing valid residence permit ( and money to pay the fees of less than BD30).

It takes about 30 minutes.

All the best.

Thanks for the information. Does the company letter is mandatory as I was told by office admin that it is not required . Can some body can clarify?

Yes, I believe it is mandatory.

T&R

Mohammad1979 wrote:

Thanks for the information. Does the company letter is mandatory as I was told by office admin that it is not required . Can some body can clarify?

logicalindian wrote:

Yes, I believe it is mandatory.

T&R

Take the letter with you when you go. If its not required, just discard the letter - no harm done. But if it is required, and you do not have one, then you would have wasted your time and will have to go back on another day.

I faced this situation once with electricity. I was told a letter was not required. So I went without this letter. I got turned back because the guy at the counter said he needed that letter. I took that letter the next day, and then found it was never required in the first place. The guy at the counter on the first day was just being nasty and lazy  :sosad:

Had I taken the letter the first day, the nasty lazy counter guy would not have had a chance to send me away.

Yes you are right, there in no harm in taking the letter but as you know some of the office staff hesitate to give letter if they see it is mandatory. I checked our office and they told me that we have not given this before.

Maybe they are right. You can go ahead and try. But it will be waste of time and effort if you have to come back just because you don't have this letter. It all depends on the guy at the counter.

Dear Friends

I managed to change the  Licence yesterday with out any need of submitting the company letter. Thanks for the valuable advise given by all. So may be it is not mandatory and all depends on the mood of the person at the respective counter as stated by Mr. Faraz

Regards

Thank you for the update Mohammad.

Thanks for the update Mohammad1979.

Now we know it is definitely not a requirement. We will advise future queries on this matter accordingly.

Best wishes. Safe and enjoyable driving!

My name is hamishkamal.
I have Qatar license.may be convert to bahrain license.but Qatar license is expiry. What to do.please help me

I highly doubt due to the blockade being in place that Bahraini authorities will replace you qatari driving license.

T&R

Yes and on top of that, your licence is expired.

My case is same what happen did you get Bahrain driving license ?