Please help me improve my English! I am crying

Please help me and tell me how i can communication well in English within 6 months.
I wish there are a saviour for me :sosad::sosad:

I have a few suggestion:
- Speak English more : Talk to a good English speaker
- Listen to English more: Music/movies/YouTube clips
- You can go to CNN/Fox to listen to their videos and learn what is happening in U.S/U.K or whatever to catch up.

Good luck!

Hello,
Happy t talk to you and give you my opinion in the fastest method.
Cheers
Constantine
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You may exchange them via the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Actually I just read the other persons response, all excellent ideas...get into a class....and read out loud...that works for my students very well...
Constantine

I agree, watching English news, movies and Youtube clips give you (almost) the works: situation - accent,  body language, timing and tone, inflection etc.    Copy what you are hearing; seeing.
All important.  Record your reading aloud and get a good teacher to advise on tone and context.

The rest is simply practice.  (practice!  practice!  practice!)

You'll be Ok.              :top:

Houstonrepresents wrote:

I have a few suggestion:
- You can go to CNN/Fox to listen to their videos and learn what is happening in U.S/U.K or whatever to catch up.

Good luck!

Thanks anyway. I will try to do everything that you said.

Bazza139 wrote:

I agree, watching English news, movies and Youtube clips give you (almost) the works: situation - accent,  body language, timing and tone, inflection etc.    Copy what you are hearing; seeing.
All important.  Record your reading aloud and get a good teacher to advise on tone and context.

The rest is simply practice.  (practice!  practice!  practice!)

You'll be Ok.              :top:

" You'll be ok" So thank you so much when tell me like that. I will try. Thank you.

If possible, you can talk to me  more , we would befriend . I'll share everything I know about Viet Nam for you,help you learn Vietnamese . My skype : xxx

Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You may exchange them via the private messaging system.Thank you

Hi everyone,

@ Moon1990, you could also browse through the adverts in the Language classes in Ho Chi Minh City and even drop your own one so that members wishing to help may directly contact you.

All the best,
Bhavna

I suggest u always speak English so u will be more good in using English language

Hi Moon,

How about I teach you English and you teach me Vietnamese, I  live in Quan 12, where do you live ?

Des from Australia / Saigon.

Houstonrepresents wrote:

I have a few suggestion:

Good luck!

This is excellent advice, contrary to the parent who says "turn off the TV and do your homework."  I had a handful of students in Vietnam who were essentially fluent by grade 8 but one stood out with respect to accent.  Hers was distinctively American.  I asked her back when I first taught her in Grade 6 if she had lived in the US and she told me never but that she watched Disney Channel every day and repeated what she heard.

I am teaching ESL in a Hawaii low income district high school now, mostly Filipino, Chuukese and some Chinese.  They admit that they watch ethnic TV channels at home but I urge them to stick with English TV even if it is cartoons.

If u wanted also we can chat through zalo,and we talk always in English so u improve,my number was +XXX

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details

Practice, practice, practice.

Reading pretty much any magazine on subjects you're interested in will help a lot. The vast majority of magazines have a reasonable standard of grammar, so you'll pick up the points by reading, even though you may not understand the rules.

High quality TV (Nat Geo and similar) will help your listening comprehension a lot, especially if they're subtitled in your local language.
Be very careful of American films as they tend to contain a lot of bad language, and you might well start using the words not realising they're offensive.

Then try to speak English with high grade speakers, including native speakers, as much as possible.

Yeah, that's good idea. I live District 7. I will message on skype.

hd375c wrote:

Hi Moon,

How about I teach you English and you teach me Vietnamese, I  live in Quan 12, where do you live ?

Des from Australia / Saigon.

Yeah, that's good idea. I live District 7. I will message on skype.

Fred wrote:

Practice, practice, practice.

Reading pretty much any magazine on subjects you're interested in will help a lot. The vast majority of magazines have a reasonable standard of grammar, so you'll pick up the points by reading, even though you may not understand the rules.

High quality TV (Nat Geo and similar) will help your listening comprehension a lot, especially if they're subtitled in your local language.
Be very careful of American films as they tend to contain a lot of bad language, and you might well start using the words not realising they're offensive.

Then try to speak English with high grade speakers, including native speakers, as much as possible.

Thank you so much. Have a good everyday.

One word: practice, practice and practice anytime you can. And don't by shy if you make mistakes 'cause you learn a lot from those and gradually you'll upgrade yourselves in English communication.

Wish you luck, Moon1990 ^^

singuyen tranpham wrote:

One word: practice, practice and practice anytime you can. And don't by shy if you make mistakes 'cause you learn a lot from those and gradually you'll upgrade yourselves in English communication.

Wish you luck, Moon1990 ^^

Thank your suggest. I will do that.

Keep practice even if you learn by text... Never give up learning... Good luck

Hi Lady,

I arrived at Ho Chi Minh two days ago and I am a lecturer at Ton Duc Thang University. I am also living at this area (19, Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7. So, it is my pleasure if I can do anything to improve your english. **

Best regards,
Dr. Mahdi Safaei Khorram

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share personal contact infos in private only. ( Use the private message system, click on the avatar of the member, and click on the 'Send Message' button )

Hi... Dear start to read kindergarten reading books loudly.... one month, and find out all new words, and follow the basic English grammar exercise and go to deep slowly, watch the dialog videos and catch the patterns, and practice them...... Don't forget to memorize at least 10 new words per day,... because you need it withing 6 month.... any help inbox me....

Reason : Advertising is not allowed on the forum.
Michael Da Lat wrote:

Please do not deceive people for personal gain. To say that 3 months of study and one will "pass the interview", is false. Yes, the interview is conducted in English but there are other factors that will be taken into consideration.

Here are some FREE resources:

https://www.edx.org/ Free courses only pay if you want a certificate. A few courses here, but most notably there is the TOEFL prep course (see link below).

TOEFL® Test Preparation: The Insider's Guide

https://www.coursera.org/ Free courses only pay if you want a certificate. Several courses probably designed for college students.

https://www.khanacademy.org/ Free courses. Donations optional. Not really for teaching English, but there might be some helpful lessons for those who desire.

There are many FREE educational resources. I think with some independent studying and practice, practice, practice with English speakers, you can succeed.

Best of luck.

Get Rosetta Stone and you won't look back. I learned 3 languages using that and Google.