Volunteering

Hi I just moved to HCMC and will be here for at least 2 months. I would like to volunteer during this time, preferably working with children. I've had 3 years experience teaching English in Japan and I just want to give something back now.

If anyone knows any needy schools, orphanages or projects I'd love to hear about it.

Also where is the best place to network in HCMC? I want to make new friends whilst I'm here too but I don't know where people hang out. Let me know!

Welcome on Expat-blog menollychan! :) I hope you will make lot of new contacts on the site and you'll receive replies soon.

All the best,
Christine

Hi there!

My name is Ann and Ive been here for 2 years.I did some volunteering in Saigon.One was at the orphanage  called Phu My  along Xo Viet Nghi Tinh Street Binh Than District.They welcome foreigners to help them feed, play and educate kids with special needs.
Email me if you need more information.
I hope you will have a great time in Vietnam.

Hi there
feel free to contact me if you want to hang out!

Hi Kaneda,

I tried to message you but the system won't allow me... :(

Hello menollychan and welcome to Expat.com :)
Kindly review this topic: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=45232 (by the way you can just as easily communicate on the forum with fellow members :D)

Hello,

Welcome to Ho chi minh city. I hope you will have a good time when you're here.

By the way, i knew a Pagoda that had orphanages for unlucky children and i took some Autralian friends visitted there before.

If you want to know pls contact with me by email: [email protected]. I will be happy to take you visit there.

cheers,
Tony

Good morninga all,

I stumbled across this forum by chance, as I will be visiting Vietnam from Feb 19 for approximately 4 weeks - this is my 3rd visit to VN and I am very much interested in doing some voluntering work same idea as menollychan's as above, even if it is for just a week.

I would appreciated if you could point out some infos or direction for me to get in touch with.

Please let me know! Thanks ^_^

I am currently volunteering in an organization that have contacts with many contact with orphanages all around the city. If you guys still interested in volunteering, you can contact me.

Send me an email. [email protected]

I've been volunteers several time for Habitat for Humanity Viet Nam, they have done a great job here.

You can check out their site for contact information if you want to volunteer:

habitatvietnam.org/

Please check out [Moderated: Link provided is directing to a website that has been shut down]
We have projects in Vietnam as well as others countries

menollychan wrote:

Hi I just moved to HCMC and will be here for at least 2 months. I would like to volunteer during this time, preferably working with children. I've had 3 years experience teaching English in Japan and I just want to give something back now.

If anyone knows any needy schools, orphanages or projects I'd love to hear about it.

Also where is the best place to network in HCMC? I want to make new friends whilst I'm here too but I don't know where people hang out. Let me know!

Hi, I'm Vietnamese, but just came back from London ( was studying there). I am now working between KL and HCMC.
But also helping out an non-profit foundation in HCMC, which focus on construction projects for the poor and rural children like housing, playground, community centre, kindergarden etc. We've just started and welcome all your volunteer.

If you're still interesting in volunteer work, please feel free to leave me a message.

Hello all,
I just joined this forum and am excited to see so much information about HCMC in one place!  I have a TEFL certificate and am a non-practicing lawyer.  I am bringing my two daughters to Vietnam in the fall for two months.  My oldest daughter was adopted from Vietnam.  My daughters are ages 12 and almost 11.  I would like to volunteer to teach English to children in HCMC or Vung Tau for one month or so and have my daughters assist in the lessons.  This would be in the month of October/November.  Any ideas of organizations I can contact?  Thanks!
Sarah

Hi Sarah and welcome on board!

Maybe you should start a new thread on the Ho Chi Minh City forum for better visibility.

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand, I appreciate the advice!  I will do as you suggest!
Sarah

Hi Sarah, this NGO can help ya too..vietnamvolunteernetwork.com . goodluck!

Does anyone know anything about the monthly NGO happy hour?

I was thinking of going so I could meet people there and find out about different NGOs the very people who already work or volunteer for them. My job is with kids so I want to do something different in my free time. I have a few ideas but I won't know exactly what I'm looking for until I find it!

Hi Menollychan,
I'm a member of the Youth club located in D1 of HCMC. We often go to the orphanages in the city to help the children. So if you are interested of that, contact to me. We'll join together :)

http://www.meetup.com/

This is the place for finding events

Hi all,

Some topics has been moved to a private forum for the good running of the this thread.

Regards,

David.

Hi Heidi,

I am currently teaching English to kids part-time in HCMC and am looking for some volunteering opportunities to fill my free time. I saw a message you wrote on expat-blog.com about a non-profit foundation in HCMC. I'd love to know more and hope I can help at some point soon.

Please reply to my email address:
[email protected]

Regards,

Mr David White (from UK, 32 years old)

Hi Mr David White ,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this thread is a bit old

I suggest you post your resume in the Volunteering in Ho Chi Minh City section please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

tanguyen wrote:

I am currently volunteering in an organization that have contacts with many contact with orphanages all around the city. If you guys still interested in volunteering, you can contact me.

Send me an email. [email protected]

I will be coming to HCMC in one week, it will take me about a week to get settled then I will take you up on the volunteering opportunities if that is ok.....

Hi,
Your kindness should be awarded :) Keep moving forward!

HI Menollychan,

How does Sai gon treat you? Did you already find any charity activities to join in? I've just posted a thread to ask for help teaching English for students (of course, it's charity teaching) :) and I feel a bit hopeful when I read your post afterthat. Currently, we are running a project of which we try to teach English for poor people who keen on studying English but don't have enough condition to join in English courses. So if you still wanna join, please let me know. Or in constrast, if you cannot, that's alright. I hope that I will have chance to meet you or hang out with you.

Wish you have nice time in VN.
   Huyen

Hi Menollychan !! How are you ? (Moderated: No personal details on the forum please )You can ask me for schools, orphanages.. I would like to appreciate it if you are willing to do voluntary work. I am working as an English teacher as well so it would be great we can be friend for the job connection. By the way, If you don't know where to hang out, you can contact me hehe I have a group of friends who have great interest in making friends!!!

Hello,

I am a French student in Saigon for a year and i'm looking to help in an orphanage to play with orphan help them to learn leasons or give them French courses,
If someone is interest in my proposal contact me by mail at [email protected]

Best regards,

François

Hey I've just moved here from Scotland too and would love to meet new people - I also want to volunteer my extra time when I'm not working if you hear any opportunities let me know

hi!
I know a social center for poor& street children, it's reliable, I took part in that center and was taught English by volunteer teacher coming from a lot of country, it has a lot of charity activities to help poor and street children , it's really meaningful.
it's name: Tu Xuong
address: Truong Quyen, district 3
if you would like to visit there, I am willing to take you
my mobile phone: 01642104353, contact me if you would like to visit or want to more information.

(Moderated: Off topic + please post in the jobs section)

Hi! I was so surprised when I see your topic.
Nice to meet you! We can be friend. You can contact me if you're interested. :)

Hi! I'm looking for a place near ben thanh market where i could be a volunteer for few days (preferably for children). I hope somebody could give me some suggestions ( hopefully this week :) )

Thanks!

HI all,

I need a guy from Myanmar (speak English or Vietnamese)to be volunteer for upcoming football tounament with Myanmar team.
Time: from 28/10 - 3/11

If you are available, please contact me [email protected] or facebook: Nguyen Phi Giao

Thanks a lot.

menollychan wrote:

You can take care of my kids every day if you want they are a bloody handful! There's a project for you! :)

Why we do not make a group to hang out..?

It would be nice of you to have kindness towards Vietnamese children. I really appreciate it. I know school and orphanage that may need your support. 0908722571 for information about it

Hi all,

Did any make a group to do charity in HCMC?

Hi! I am interested, do you have any email I can reach you with? Thanks!
Jenny

Hi jennyyeonardy,

Welcome to expat.com.

Please note that this post has been inactive for 2 years.

It would be more appropriate to create a new topic if you want further assistance from our members.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com