Adapting to the climate in Nigeria

Hello everyone,

Adjusting to new climatic conditions is key in any expatriation process. Moving to Nigeria is no exception.

What are the climate characteristics of Nigeria?

How does the local weather impact your daily life, mood or health?

What are the pros and cons of the climate in Nigeria?

Share you advice and help people adapt quickly to their new weather environment.

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

My name is Riyas, I am here in Nigeria since 2011, very nice weather I feeling so far,
from  June..till August frequent raining season September will begin hot till November, December will begin cool weather too.
As an expatriate here no able to free movement due to security reason, but still I used going out with armed police officers, where company provided for all expat who working in company, even after 7 pm I never go out, and shopping experience rural area little hard because no get everything like main city and poor quality products available in local street market, but in city like Abuja and Lagos, port-hartcourt excellent places will get everything, and mosquito is another enemy of human, malaria mortality is higher in this country like other African countries & easy will get malaria some time it come with typhoid, and rural areas  no good healthcare system, even main city not available fully equipped superficiality hospital that is one of major challenge in Nigeria.
I hope you satisfied what I explained my own experience.

thanks