Expand your social circle in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

Moving to Bahrain means leaving one's family and friends behind. Creating a circle of friends or joining an existing one should therefore be paramount in order to fight loneliness in your host country.

But how can one develop a social network in Bahrain? Where and how to meet people there?

How easy is it to meet locals? What about cultural specificities?

Share your advice and experience!

Many thanks in advance,

Priscilla

dear
you are right we are  without our famillies  here. so we need friends here with whom we can share so that we will not feel alone .i think facebook, whatsapp is good social network at present we all are using to be in touch with our friends . but if you want to meet your friends we should create a group so that we can meet and share our feelings ideas.

thanks

regards

AHMAD

It can be difficult in Bahrain, especially if you aren't into 'brunch'. My husband and I joined the Bahrain Yacht Club and we bought a sailboat that we use most weekends. We also met many people through a  very sociable exercise club (Tribal Fitness).

I noticed this message was addressed to 'Reef Island residents'. Is there a way to set up a network for Reef Island residents? We could arrange running/walking groups, buy/sell to our neighbours or arrange flat/pet sitters.

Jen

Hi Priscilla,

I must say, this platform looks impressive for expats.

I have just spent few weeks. Howe ever, I try and build the group around me. i.e By interacting with people I come across.

By connecting them through the common link which we share, as it might be the same taste e.g gym, cycling, same language etc.

If we start connecting, building and continuing the bonding, automatically we will get involved in many other social activity based on our day to day life.

Regards,

Weunite2000

Bahrain is an hospitality country , has tolerance with foreign cultures free country in terms of socializing , entertainment , restaurants, visiting  amongst others