Selamat Hari Raya Nyepi

Wishing all of you who call Bali home…a very happy and prosperous new year!

Here's wishing you have a very quiet day out there.
My day will be loud, mostly because my daughter will shout a lot when thevsun does a runner, and I'll shout a lot at my internet supplier.

Hah!  Still, year after year the internet remains accessible.  I guess typing is considered a lot different (and surely more quiet) than talking!

Last night we had yet another fantastic parade of ogoh ogoh...my 18th consecutive Nyepi Eve on Bali, and an anniversary of sorts, as it was 18 years ago last night that I first met my wife, Eri. 

Cheers!  (While waiting for the eclipse)

Happy Nyepi Roy. Currently convincing a day of silence means stop nagging to my wife but I will have more success seeing the partial eclipse with my eyes. Enjoy the day and coolness an eclipse brings.

LOL Luke!  Yes, it's a day when I too pull out my antique English tavern sign of the headless woman holding frosty tankards of beer in each hand! 

Just kidding ladies!  But ahhh, Nyepi!   :lol:

I bought some welding glasses.
No UV protection but good enough for 5 seconds looking......and my small camera works with them.
I'm shocked at the number of people who didn't know the moon was dancing with the sun this morning.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1533/24998893904_e34e44cafc_z.jpg

AWESOME photo Fred!  Selamat and many thanks for posting this!

Without taking the steps that you did, for the rest of us this 78-80% total eclipse was essentially a "non event" with very little evidence that it was going on.

Loads of people had no idea. We walked through a village first and everyone was asking what Michelle was looking at, so I let them have a look,
Surprised looks on a lot of faces, but absolutely no silence.