Tips and advice to thrive in Sweden

Hi,

When living in a foreign country, you have to adapt to a new environment, various cultures and different social codes.

How did you manage to adjust to Sweden?

How long does it take to feel at home? Would you say it is an easy process?

According to you, what is key for a successful integration process in Sweden?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

Priscilla

Well...is not always very easy to move into a new country, but it all depends on what you want. When you move into a new country, the very first thing you must do is a place to lay your head which is shelter, because without that you can't do nothing...
Then another thing you must be very serious with is how to systemize your stay permit immediately after that  begin to look for a job...
These are the main 3 keys...

Whenever we want move a new country first of all we have perfect our self our study and our experience and our language and after move there first we have to know there criteria and have to follow there rule and we must try to learn there language this is most important to us once we know there language  everything will easy to do
and one more thing we have to strong our self our heart because we are living Alone in new country.

Be open-minded and curious about the new values and cultures! Embrace the challenge.  Some stability and some changes make a good mix!

Everyone in Sweden speaks English, but if you really want to be a part of this country and society YOU HAVE TO SPEAK SWEDISH. No mater who you are, where you work, where do you come from...Swedes will not let you closer if you do not speak Swedish. They are polite people, helpful, somehow even warm...but do not associate easily with newcomers. Keeping distance. If you want to make this distance shorter, you have to start speaking Swedish.
My first impressions when moved to Sweden where very optimistic and I was impressed about how it works here... but after a while I started to feel lonely, bored and not accepted by neighbors. For me Sweden be always  in my memories country with beautiful nature, polite people respecting each other, amazing tap water, easy administration but with boring social life, remote homes, strange attitude to alcohol and extremely expensive restaurants... and the worst Eurovision 2016 song ever :-P

Although I felt here like home very fast ...than faster I started to think about moving out. I've been here almost one year and I am moving out within couples of days to search my happiness somewhere else!
Good luck all expats!!!