How long does paperwork take if you have a company sponsoring you?

Hello all, my husband and I are interested in moving to the Netherlands for his job around September 2016.  He will be staying with his current company and they have a shortage for engineers in his department.  They have been after him for awhile to transfer and we have finally decided to go for it.  We can't do it right away because we are in the middle of remodeling a few rooms in our house and expect that to be complete by the end of the summer. 

My question is, how long does it generally take to get all of the papers in order if you already have a company sponsoring you?  We are trying to think about the coordination of renting out our home and everything.

Thanks!

Have no idea but my common sense say that if the company will sponsoring you and if you have plans to come in September, I'll guess the papers will be ready by then.

Well obviously that would be the case but we are trying to coordinate our end of things to align closely to when the company will be ready.  We are trying to figure out if we should tell them we are ready to go earlier then September so they start the paperwork so that it will actually be ready by September.  Does that make sense?

Yes, it does makes sense.

You can contact the www.ind.nl for more information, the site is also in English available.

Good luck!

Thanks, will do.

do it as soon as posible, being your husband the employee, the company will sponsor him, and he will be your sponsor. Check with inl when you can start, but I think will be after he has the visa. This kind of permit takes a lot of time. Check inl site for the different options, but could take a lot.

Do you know under which type of Visa your husband will be relocated? I would assume he will be considered a "Highly Skilled Migrant," which is the status I've come here under. It really depends on what actions the company has taken so far. You'll need to know the following:

Is the company already recognized as sponsors for highly skilled migrants? (this process takes 3-4 weeks from the time all paperwork has been submitted correctly)

Has your husband already been given approval to work as a highly skilled migrant? (after company has been approved, this process takes about 2 weeks, if all paperwork has been submitted correctly)

From there, your husband will need to go to the Dutch Embassy to obtain his entry Visa. I am from New Jersey and had to drive to Washington D.C. for this. I believe I could have gone to New York but it's more difficult to get an appointment. You'll have to figure this out from where you live. My Visa was valid for 6 months from the time I received it and I could have entered at any time during that period, though, the paperwork and work contract submitted to the IND will need a start date for your husband. If I remember correctly, I didn't start on that actual date because I had trouble finding an apartment (for your sake, I hope your husband's company is taking care of this!!)

To summarize, the process should take 1.5 months from beginning to end if this is the route they are taking. If your husband works for a large corporation that has already sent works, they're likely already a recognized sponsor so the process could be shorter. Also, I came alone and am not sure if it takes longer if bringing a spouse. I know that there are some additional processes to follow to bring a spouse.
There is a lot of helpful information in the IND site:
https://ind.nl/EN/business/employer/hig … d-migrants

Hope that helps!