Dependent Occupation Permit questions

Hi all,

We're preparing all the papers necessary for the dependent occupation permit and I have a few questions, can anyone help? It's with regard to this checklist: http://op.investmauritius.com/Download/ … _Jan14.pdf

Can anyone help with any of these questions?

1) Where can I find the "Application to enter Mauritius Form"?
2) What is the "Signed Undertaking" and where can I find one?
3) What is the "Letter of consent (from parents for dependent children certified by a competent authority)" and where can I find one? Who is the competent authority? (Our children live with both their parents - my husband and me.)
4) What is a "Certificate of good character" and where can I find one?

Many thanks for your help in advance,
Sophie

P.S. I've been trying to contact the BOI with these questions for 4 days now, but apparently they've got telephone and connection problems :-(

Hello,
I can at least give you some advice on where to get these;
1. This form can be got at Stirling House Immigration Office on the 1st floor. It is also available online.
2. This is just your own signature giving gaurantees and declaring that your are agreeing to what is declared on the document.
3. Normally this applies to children where the parents are either divorced or no longer living together i think.
4. This is normally from the police in the area where you come from. If coming to Mauritius for the first time then it needs to be from your home country stating that you are a person of good character and have no criminal record. In my country we refer to it as a Police Certificate. If you have been living here in Mauritius you need to apply for this in the regional headquarters Police station and it takes approx. 4-6 weeks to get.

Hope this helps,
Brendan

Just checked for the 4th query;

4. This is only required for the renewal if you are a spouse of a a retired-non citizen only. That is if you are renewing your permit and your husband is a retired non citizen permit holder

Cheers

Thanks so much for the help - we ended up going to the BOI and now we know everything we need :-)