Amjad from India

Hi ..I am amjad from India.. i have planned to go latvia for my higher studies.. I am blank about the country and culture.. but want to study...please I need your valuable advice about cost of living, part time jobs and more ...

Hello Amjad,
All depends on your budget really. Latvia is not expensive in most areas. Food is about half the price of England but rents are often higher. rates very little however jobs are hard to find and very thin on the ground outside Riga City area. Try the internet for Indian restaurants as they often need waiters. Then Latvian language is needed in most other things.Very very few older people speak other languages. The youth have mainly vanished to find work with big money in USA and Britain. You may study and work in Riga near the university as all is built close there. Outside Riga it is countryside with a few sprinkled towns and nice settlements but few jobs for outsiders who speak no Latvian. I think you need to find a job before jumping into the fire here. No help is offered for the public. Why not contact the bursar at your chosen department for study placing your comments and asking for help with earnings as you study. They may well have a better idea of what is needed and may have contacts worthy to use. That is all I can think of. I came from England with no job but had saved enough to build a house and have pensions to exist on later. It is not impossible to live here cheaply but if you want magic it is far from that if no cash to live on. Try the university first then write to the many Indian and cafe businesses that fill Riga with eating places. Learn that language as you progress and learn as you go? Who knows you may even be the next prime minister as we are without one at this moment in history.

Hi,
First of all, forget about job in Latvia. u can contact XXX, if wanna know more about  study and life in Latvia.

@unprabhat ... why not helping directly here ?