Second visa upon arrival

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you would know.. I'm am currently in the Phils on the 30 day visa upon arrival, which expires on the 7th of December. I need to return home for a while, but I wanted to be sure I'll have no problem reentering the country when I'm back. Thing is, we will only proceed with my work visa once I am back (2nd of January), so I will have to enter with another visa upon arrival when I'm back.

My question was how long after I've entered the country that way once can I do it again? Also, what happens if I overstay my first visa once (ie, leave after the the 7th)? I imagine I'll have to pay a fine, but will I have troubles to reenter when I'm back in January?

Hello Nestinar,

If your visa will expire before you leave the country, go to one of the immigration offices and pay for the extension to 59 days.   If you over stay, you might be put on a list that will hold up your reentry into the country.  Immigration has been changing a lot of regulations, so it would benefit you not to take the chance of no reentry.  When you leave the Philippines after entering on a visitor visa your entry status in reset and you can enter again on an initial 30 day visitor visa again.  If you are going to convert it to a work visa, you will be required to keep the visitor visa in full force while immigration processes the conversion to a work visa.  You may have to spend monies to keep it in force, but the visitor visa can be extended every two months up to two to three years.  The length of stay has changes in the last few years, so you would need to check on it.

Enjoy your visit and stay in the Philippines.  One thing to keep in mind is that some words in the English language do not mean the same thing in the Philippines.  If you don't understand, ask for clarification.

Good Luck, RAC

That has been mist helpful! Thank you very much!

Hi! Usually, when you exceed a day or two, you will just have to pay the fine at the immigration. Don't overstay too much as it might give the authorities a bad impression,  although, it's all a money game and they don't really care as long as you pay. Lol Re entering again, you won't have any problems, it just restarts basically.

Hi. If you want to extend your stay in the Philippines for more than 30 days, you may apply for a Visa Waiver that will allow you to extend your stay for 29 days. I will advise you to go to the Bureau of Immigration on or before December 6th. The whole process will not take more than three hours, and costs Php3,030.

yes for sure renew if you are going to run out of time 3000 peso is a small sum. you say that you wish to convert to a work visa! this is not easy, if the job can be done by a local you will not get it! Of course there are several different ways to obtain the visa you have to pay for one year upfront about 9000 peso also you will need a mayors permit i'm not sure if you have to obtain a tax identification number before applying or after but it will have to be got at one stage. Good luck I have a feeling you are going to need it.

i renew my visa each timefor aperiod of 6 months never had anny problems doing this

Hi Sir Nestinar,

How are you? I would like to know the progress of your visa situation so that we could help you with it.

Regards,
Maro

I'm not sure about a work visa

but renewing the initial 30 days free entry is really easy,,,

It's also not a problem if you overstay, you just have to pay the fine,, the only time they get really strict,, is if you arrive on a 30 day, and end up staying for 2 years without informing them,, renewing your visa, then try to leave the country

a lot of expats get caught out this way and end up on the banned list,,, because there is a huge difference between over staying a month and then going to the office and paying your fine to staying 2 years and not telling anyone

i'm always a late renewing my visa,,, never a problem because i simply pay the fine, leave it a month, no problem,,just don't leave it several years lol