Work Permit Duration

Hello All

I have accepted a job offer from one of the company. I want to know how much time is required for the work permit as i will be resigning from my current position and don't want to be sitting idle for some time.

Good Day.

Best Regards

Waqas

Hi,

There is no fixed time, it may take anywhere between 3 weeks to a month plus at times, depends on several reason one of them being the credibility of the employer with the visa issuing authorities.

Patience is the key.

T&R

Yes, absolutely. Patience is key.

One other advise - do not resign from your current job in a hurry! Wait until all the papers and permits are in place before handing in your resignation.

I have known cases who resigned in a hurry, and then the new work permit gets delayed (or even rejected). Very stressful to have to go through such an experience.

My status now shows as "Valid Employment Visa"

I read somewhere in the forum that it means it is clear and Bahrain awaits me  :)

Can anybody confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Waqas Ali Ahmad

waqasaliahmad wrote:

I read somewhere in the forum that it means it is clear and Bahrain awaits me  :)

Can anybody confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Waqas Ali Ahmad

Waqas , if you checked online from LMRA then it's good your visa confirmed you can come bahrain any time.
If not then first You can your LMRA Link to Verify your Status. Click Here LMRA Portal

Hi
I got a job and probation and medical exam is over. Now they informed me that they can't take me because I am a dependant and under bdf visa. Is there any solution to get my job back?can I change visa immediately..
What are the options available?

zeeshanakhter2009 wrote:
waqasaliahmad wrote:

Can anybody confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Waqas Ali Ahmad

Waqas , if you checked online from LMRA then it's good your visa confirmed you can come bahrain any time.
If not then first You can your LMRA Link to Verify your Status. Click Here LMRA Portal

Yes bro, i checked through online portal. Employer has send me the visa as well. Thanks  :)

sini baby wrote:

Hi
I got a job and probation and medical exam is over. Now they informed me that they can't take me because I am a dependant and under bdf visa. Is there any solution to get my job back?can I change visa immediately..

Hi,

What do you mean your under dependent and bdf visa? you cannot be under both. Either your on a dependent visa (under dependent visa you cannot work), if BDF visa then you can work, but i am guessing only under bdf managed hospitals.

T&R

Ya my pblm solved thanks for your reply. Expat wives with doubt about work related issue can check Lmra website. Medical professionals engineer teacher etc. Can work here ...no pblm. But obtain permission from concerned authorities.

sini baby wrote:

Ya my pblm solved thanks for your reply. Expat wives with doubt about work related issue can check Lmra website. Medical professionals engineer teacher etc. Can work here ...no pblm. But obtain permission from concerned authorities.

Hi,

Can you please explain, your post is very confusing.

LMRA website says
http://lmra.bh/portal/en/faq/question/16#.Vmp3i0p97iw if your on dependent visa you cannot work and there is no information about BDF visa on LMRA web, if you have a link please post it.

T&R

waqasaliahmad wrote:
zeeshanakhter2009 wrote:
waqasaliahmad wrote:

Can anybody confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Waqas Ali Ahmad

Yes bro, i checked through online portal. Employer has send me the visa as well. Thanks  :)

Congratulations!

Welcome to Bahrain - and look forward to seeing you as a regular contributor to the Bahrain Forum :)

sini baby wrote:

Hi

Hi sini baby - you should start a new discussion for new questions. Please do not post your questions in someone else's discussion thread, because then the questions and responses get very messy.

sini baby wrote:

Happy to note your problem has been resolved.

From your posts, it appears you are on a housewife visa. Your husband works at the BDF. Usually housewife's, with specialized skills, are permitted to work in Bahrain provided the potential employers get all required work permits and approvals.