I tried opening a account in anb but refused bcoz of Name spelling

I have tried in two to three Anb bank branches to open a current account, but refused because they are saying my name written on iqama is Usman which is wrong it should be Othman. The only option I have now is NCB. Please Kindly some on help me regarding this. The same problem will be raised in NCB or I can open in there??

Sames here...Usman in English should be عثمان in Arabic...Some banks do accept though as they value the customer...Try other banks, if it works change when you renew iqama, else get it done asap

Hello Usman,

sorry to tell you that you won't be able to open an account in any bank till you fix your name's spelling in your ID. You'll need to change your name spelling in the Immigration (Jawazat) it will only take a few mins or you may ask your company to do it for you. This usually happen to different expats here due to their mistakes matching your name in English and Arabic.

Good Luck!!  :)

ever never,

try to change your name by your sponsor (HR Department, Govt. Relation section)

additional info.

if your name on passport is (Usman) jawazat passport office should write as عسمان.

this is the only solution.

thanks

Bro its already عثمان in Arabic they are saying to change the name in English spellings to Othman

then make it عسمان

Don't change english

usmanuzzi wrote:

Bro its already عثمان in Arabic they are saying to change the name in English spellings to Othman

And what made them decide that spelling must be written?
"Usman" is written, understood and recognized name for عثمان . Sorry to tell you that the employee didn't wanted to open an account for you.  Speak to their manager and ask them to make some sense with the reason of rejection.
Employee in SAMBA bank rejected to open account only because spelling of my grandfather name was slightly different that what its written in arabic. After pushing some common sense into his manager brain they finally opened an account and its working fine since then.

its a regulation from SAMA but not every name can be written exactly from Arabic to English. Understand it with an example for the spelling of "Muhammad". People may write it "Mohammad" or "Mohammed" all is correct.
Or you may go to bank alinma website and fill the form to open an account, take the printed form and they will open it for you.

Ehtesham wrote:
usmanuzzi wrote:

And what made them decide that spelling must be written?
"Usman" is written, understood and recognized name for عثمان . Sorry to tell you that the employee didn't wanted to open an account for you.  Speak to their manager and ask them to make some sense with the reason of rejection.
Employee in SAMBA bank rejected to open account only because spelling of my grandfather name was slightly different that what its written in arabic. After pushing some common sense into his manager brain they finally opened an account and its working fine since then.

its a regulation from SAMA but not every name can be written exactly from Arabic to English. Understand it with an example for the spelling of "Muhammad". People may write it "Mohammad" or "Mohammed" all is correct.
Or you may go to bank alinma website and fill the form to open an account, take the printed form and they will open it for you.

Welcome to KSA brother  :lol::lol: