Moving to Da Nang in January / February

Hi, thanks for letting me find my feet here.  I'm a 48 year old Australian from the Gold Coast, engaged to an amazing Vietnamese angel and due to marry in April 2016 and move here (Da Nang) in January or February, before the Vietnamese New Year.

I have many questions of course and I'll find my way around here soon enough. 

15 years spent in the music industry in Australia with Sony Music, mostly managing the Australian Artists Division and still keep my toe in the water. 

7 years in London as an Event Manager including the United Nations World Summit in Johannesburg in 2002.

Majored in English for my BA, also an Advanced Diploma in Business Management.....

.surely the skills applicable to a Vietnamese company looking to develop outside Vietnam? 

Anyway, I face the exciting journey of bank accounts, doctors and the health system, apartment rental, visa requirements, the local language, buying motorbikes and clothes and shoes in my size (I get laughed at when I mention I'm a US size 13/14) as I'm 193 cms tall (6'3"). 

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be asking heaps of questions, stop me if you get sick of seeing me in here but all assistance will be greatly appreciated!!

Of course I intend to offer any advice I can impart to newbies as I develop my skills and experience here.

Welcome aboard - I am a newbie to.Still in Melbourne, but looking go also to Danang / Hoi An looking at the possibility to work in Event Managment / Conferences in the Supply Chain/ Logistics area.I would very much ask you to vet the opportunities there ....please privately message me...if you like...press on my image - jayceebee

Take care , enjoy..

Hi jayceebee, thanks for the reply.  I am on my second jaunt around Vietnam, currently in Hoi An for 6 weeks and then we head off on a trip around Vietnam to include HCMC, Nha Trang, Hanoi etc.  back to Da Nang in early December so I'll keep my eyes peeled.  There is a website www.vietnamworks.com, so check that out.  I'll PM you if I hear anything!

Where are you staying now?

I gave contacts in two hotels in Hoi An now....

If you need any help....hollow...

My brother in law & his wife will be there in a fortnight...

Hoi An is he place to be...in my opinion...growth with tourism & Danang's growth...

So, keep in contact...you also have my email address....it is 1 pm in the morning, I need some sleep ,enjoy & take care..keep in contact...

I came here in January 2015 and was the first ever guest to stay at the Royal Riverside Hotel, about 500 metres from the Old Town near the river.  It is a 4.5 star boutique with 45 rooms and it's amazing so I am here for 6 weeks (an awesome deal, better than a house rental or homestay).  I leave here on November 15 to go to HCMC then onto Hanoi and finally return to Da Nang on December 1.  My fiancé and I will then spend 2 weeks in a hotel at My Khe Beach until I return to Australia for a month.  I agree on the Hoi An / Da Nang area.  It's 30 minutes by motorbike to each other and I am building some great expat contacts now.  Sleep well and chat soon!!!

You may try to help me with accommodation recommendations when I come over -

Contacts are - Hoi An Sunny & Sea & Sand Hotel , Toi at new hotel -Hoi An Garden Palace ..

Hanoi - recommend strongly you contact Victor at new opened hotel -Noble & Swan Hotel...he is I think- Manager - Customer Services..

These 3.know me well - I keep in regular contact -.suggest you take your beloved with you at first greet...they may need their help re translation...the girls may need your Enflish help...could be great for all.

Keep in contact ...email me if you can if not ( re cannot trust me as yet) contact Me here

Regards

JCB
John Barker - this is the name my friends know me but prefer JB.

Hi Jason, we gave the heard from you for a while...Just for interest - what is your current residence...reason for query ,my daughter is planning to come in March , so checking value for money accommodation.

Also, the young Vietnamese ladies would like to meet and wish you both a happy wedding.

Please reply with notification..please

Thanks

John

JB.

Hey John,

I am currently in Hoi An at the Royal Riverside Hotel....only 9 months old.  I was there first ever guest when I stayed here in january (my first trip to Hoi An).  I am leaving for HCMC and Hanoi in a few weeks, back to Da Nang then Oz for Xmas.  I plan to be back in Da Nang in January and I'm looking at a few villas and apartments around $600 - $800 USD a month.  That seems pretty average for foreigners, still a damn sight cheaper than Australia.  This mostly include wifi, cable TV and rates (water and electricity) but everyone seems to be negotiable.  There also seems to be a decent discount available if you can pay 12 months in advance too.  Anyway, what girls want to Vietnamese ladies want to meet?  I don't understand?  Hope you are well.......Jason

Sorry, firstly happy travelling.and all the best for wedding, but, hope to be in contact before then,the ladies are : Sunny at the Sea &!Sands hotel & Toi whom is just to open at the Hoi An Garden Palace ....I told both of them about you & your fiancée and they very much like to meet you.

They maybe able to assist you now and on your return..

I naturally asked them to do so...would you be prepared to meet them.

I can either get your email address or leave it to you to contact Toi or Sunny..

Naturally, both are very smart and probably will jot you to help them at English but the trade off , is they are bound to help you...

Are you interested in meeting them, please let me know-.they are wanting to meet you know..
Sunny has a small eatery you maybe able to meet there...please let me know

Thanks

Welcome to Da nang,
I am in Da nang. So, If you need any useful information, or any help.
Dont hesitate to contact me. My pleasure,
Thao