Can I travel to Bahrain under a work visa without POEA clearance (OEC)

Hi guys,

I need some help especially from fellow Pinoys.

I am directly hired by a company in Bahrain, I already got my LMRA visa and already submitted it to Bahrain Consulate in Manila for re-validation.

My question is, do i still need to get clearance from POEA to travel? 

Please reply, thanks.

Hi,

No! you still have to go to POEA, because they will validate your contract and they will make sure that the company who hired you is registered in POLO. You will have few interviews & seminars from POEA and issue you a OEC. You cannot leave Philippines without this documents even you have a valid visa. And must be registered to OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) before you leave Philippines.

As far as i know, there is no such direct hiring now in bahrain for it should be agency-to-agency policy. But to make it sure, visit the POEA and go the "direct overseas department" so they will assist you the legal procedure, or contact your employer to arrange an agency for you.

Good Luck! cheers!

thanks for the reply. i am directly hired and i already got my visa stamped on my passport by the Bahrain Consulate in Manila. and there is no "direct overseas department" in the POEA.

I mean there is a specific department in poea-ortigas for direct hire .

Ms ledor thanks for starting this topic. It would be nice if you post what  and how  did you process your working visa and all . It would be nice if you can update us your travel . It is a big help to us who also looking for answers.
Thank you and godbless..