Influx of expats from France

Suddenly I noticed many expats from France coming to the USA, at least 4 of them living in Philadelphia.  Can anyone explain why this is happening?

72 million French and only four showed up. I wouldn't be worried too much. It's OK you can tell them  "Bonjour"! Though their economic situation is not and hasn't been the brightest and probably will never be again as long as their politicians keep on slamming their heads on a wall trying to reinvent the wheel.  For decades they have tried unsuccessfully to make wrong look like right, to convince their constituents that illogical is logical yet as a nation they are the best..... when their only reference is small African countries. They just lost their world economic ranking 4th position to South Korea which is half the French population. Nothing to be proud, we lost our own world leadership to the Chinese becoming de facto the 2nd world's largest economy.

I can only say the French men who are coming here are those who wish no longer to adhere to a crumbling system and be associated to a nation of losers and assisted. So I think their influx is positively good on us. Undeniably, they still are masters at certain crafts we will never match:
Confectionery, food, deserts, fashion, style, arts, design, perfumes, jewelry, luxury, cosmetics, and a quite a few more innate talent which i am not seeing in our own backyard.

Denizen2014 wrote:

72 million French and only four showed up. I wouldn't be worried too much. It's OK you can tell them  "Bonjour"! Though their economic situation is not and hasn't been the brightest and probably will never be again as long as their politicians keep on slamming their heads on a wall trying to reinvent the wheel.  For decades they have tried unsuccessfully to make wrong look like right, to convince their constituents that illogical is logical yet as a nation they are the best..... when their only reference is small African countries. They just lost their world economic ranking 4th position to South Korea which is half the French population. Nothing to be proud, we lost our own world leadership to the Chinese becoming de facto the 2nd world's largest economy.

I can only say the French men who are coming here are those who wish no longer to adhere to a crumbling system and be associated to a nation of losers and assisted. So I think their influx is positively good on us. Undeniably, they still are masters at certain crafts we will never match:
Confectionery, food, deserts, fashion, style, arts, design, perfumes, jewelry, luxury, cosmetics, and a quite a few more innate talent which i am not seeing in our own backyard.

There are more than 4, but 4 of them are Philadelphia bound.  Just wondering why Philadelphia is favored by the French.

I feel you. You're not the only one having to put up with them.

XB23 wrote:

I feel you. You're not the only one having to put up with them.

I don't mind them, just wondering why.

Maybe they also like philly cheese steaks?

alpha.one wrote:

Maybe they also like philly cheese steaks?

Can get them in lots of places.  Maybe they like cheap seats to see terrible NBA basketball, although that is  also available in New York.