Is Business online is OK to do without license?

Hi everybody

I planned to do Business online, but I really scared after I read accidently in Malaysian online forum that doing Business  online is illegal without license for Malaysian, and the fine like 500000 RM and even could extend to jail!!!

and for malaysian they must take license from SSM..However, I tried to search how foreigner can go with this, and I find absolutely no information on how foriegner can take license, nor the penalty of caught doing so

I am confused about the issue and would like to hear from the experts here in Malaysia about this thing, and for the one who already has done online business here

Thanks

So do I

Tamer eraki wrote:

So do I

do what?

Please I need information..its a serious matter

You are confusing several issues.

Any business must be registered. If you dont then fined. Rules same if online or real.

Online business is a business. Any money you make online is business income and must be declared for tax purposes. You must register the business for tax purposes. An expat cant be a sole trader so I read somewhere but check.

It must be legal eg no gambling or immoral business.

You will need an employment pass (for this business as they are specific) unless you have PR or the new talent corp ten year visa.

Being online doesnt exempt you from the law!

My advise better you register your business even it is just online business . Most of malaysian didnt register their business but they take the risk .

I m Thai . And I have an expert about this kind of business . She is my Malay God mother she can explain to you all the details . patty 01127646400