Hai van pass

Please somebody describe me about Hai Van Pass. Is it worth to go?
How to go there from Da Nang by a normal taxi or a motor bike taxi? I mean somebody said in trip adviser to go there using 'pass' not 'tunnel'
What is this?

Of course it's worth it, Mal. "Riding motorcycle" through Hai Van Pass was unchecked in my "bucket list" until very recently.
I perhaps exaggerated a little but when I did it I did feel like James Bond racing motorbike in Monaco ;)

You can read the Wikipedia entry about Hai Van Pass. Also look it up in Goggle map. There'sa lot of pictures and also clips in YouTube on riding motorcycle through Hai Van Pass.

Last month when we went to Lang Co via Hai Van Pass I saw a troupe of girls riding motorcycles passing me. So I guess you can try renting a bike in Da Nang and go for it just like that.

And make sure you return to Da Nang before sunset. It's another beautiful thing that I planned but could not do it right.

DN

Bro go for it!!! I rented a motorbike and was heading to Hue to visit the Imperial Palace. I did not know what is Hai Van Pass until i ride past it.. boy... that was a few years ago but the experienced and the scenery was a breath taking.. Top Gear also feature it on one of their episode. Just remember to bring a camera and take your time cruising the countless turns. I can't wait to go back there. If you are in a hurry, you can opt for the tunnel but motorbike is not allowed. The only was is to pay a truck driver to transfer you past the tunnel. On top of Hai Van Pass there is a pit stop a Cafeteria in the cloud. You can have a beer and enjoy the view. I have post photos of HVP inexpat-blog, do feel free to checkout. Have a great trip and cheers.

Hai van is great road.. Well.. Not really.. It could be lot more fun if road surface would be better.
Scenery is really nice!