Seeking Christian church in Da Nang

I will be moving to Da Nang in May and have been seeking a good Christian church. Not catholic, buddhist or other. Seeking a church that is Methodist, Baptist, Evangelical, etc, churches that preach Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Any suggestions of a good church for me in Da Nang? Google searches and Facebook were not very helpful. I anticipate that they will be Tiếng Việt churches, but that is ok as music is universal and I am learning Tiếng Việt anyway.

Cảm ơn nhiều

Google Earth lists more Protestant churches than Catholic churches. They are:

Nhà Thờ Tin Lành Đà Nẵng
190 Ông Ích Chính
Thanh Khê, Đa Nầng
+84 511 3823 291
sites.google.com

Nhà Thờ Tin Lành Tân An
56 Điện Biên Phủ
Thanh Khê. Đà Nẵng
+84 511 3823 283

Nhà Thờ Tin Lành Trung Lập
185 Phan Thanh
Thanh Khê, Đa Nầng
+84 326 3821 221

Nhà Thờ Tin Lành An Hải
Phạm Cụ Lượng
Sơn Trà, Đà Nẵng
+84 511 3831 462

They may not have services in English. To see their locations on google earth, search for "tin lanh church near Danang.

Thank you soooo much!!!

No worries, pleased to be able to help.  Good luck with learning Vietnamese, it's very difficult, but can be done.

Not trying to be argumentative but why do people on this site so frequently seek out "Christian" churches and immediately exclude Catholic from their definition of Christian?  Why not just start with asking for Protestant churches?  Although it does not seem to be the case with the OP, why not ask for Evangelical Protestant churches, if that is what you are looking for?  It seems rather insensitive to exclude Catholicism from ones definition of Christianity.

Good point, but I am not seeking a catholic church. I guess I could have been more descriptive.

Maybe you can check this:
http://dananginternationalfellowship.org/

Good point! I'm from a Catholic background and moved to the other Christian churches, but it really annoys me the way Evangelicals act like they have all the answers and that everything the Catholics ever did was wrong. Catholics are Christians too!

Hi everybody!

I'm Gilles from Hillsong Lyon in France! I'm moving to Ho Chi Minh from December 15th  2018 to January 2nd for holidays and I would love to meet with a christian Community just to make friends and why not celebrating Christmas along with them.
Do you have a few recommendations to make? a few contacts I could write to?

Thank you so much for your time and help, and maybe I'll see you soon :)

God bless

Gilles

Because there are huge theological differences between Catholicism and Protestantism obviously. My grandmother was Catholic but I started going to a Protestant church so can speak from both faith traditions. Actually, Catholicism is pretty exclusive as well to non Catholics by not allowing them to partake of the Eucharist (Holy Communion) for starters. Other issues remain. So, its perfectly acceptable for a non-Catholic to ask for a protestant church. Plus, that's life, who says everything you write or say has to please everybody -  Cheers

dollarjilt wrote:

Because there are huge theological differences between Catholicism and Protestantism obviously. My grandmother was Catholic but I started going to a Protestant church so can speak from both faith traditions. Actually, Catholicism is pretty exclusive as well to non Catholics by not allowing them to partake of the Eucharist (Holy Communion) for starters. Other issues remain. So, its perfectly acceptable for a non-Catholic to ask for a protestant church. Plus, that's life, who says everything you write or say has to please everybody -  Cheers

For some reason you didn't quote THIGV, who asked why the OP and others DIDN'T ask for a Protestant church, instead of saying "Christian", but then exclude "Catholics".

This is not a matter for theological discussion, because we don't have theological discussions in the Forum 😉

This thread was not started with a request to discuss the differences in Christian traditions.

It was simply a request to find a place for fellowship and worship.

What followed was a valid question of sensitivity in how the OP was worded.

dollarjilt wrote:

So, its perfectly acceptable for a non-Catholic to ask for a protestant church. Plus, that's life, who says everything you write or say has to please everybody -  Cheers

Nobody said it was not acceptable "for a non-Catholic to ask for a protestant church."  Of course it is.  What is not acceptable is to ask for a "Christian" church if your definition of Christianity excludes Catholicism.

Plus, you don't have to please everybody, but perhaps you should refrain from offending 16 percent of humanity.

THIGV wrote:

Not trying to be argumentative but why do people on this site so frequently seek out "Christian" churches and immediately exclude Catholic from their definition of Christian?  Why not just start with asking for Protestant churches?  Although it does not seem to be the case with the OP, why not ask for Evangelical Protestant churches, if that is what you are looking for?  It seems rather insensitive to exclude Catholicism from ones definition of Christianity.

I was baptized catholic as a baby and went to catholic schools my whole life, I am no longer catholic and there are reasons why they are not considered "Christian"

They do deviate from the Bible quite a bit, they rely on a lot of "tradition" rather then scripture, and theres more but I don't feel the need to go on and on.

I would also not be interested in going to a catholic church, no offense to any Catholics here.