Long weekend visit

Dear members,

One of my dreams comes true by visiting Prague next month or in November.
I try to gather as much information as I can but I would like some suggestions from you too as my visit is short and I want to get the max out of it.

What are the highlights?

I read on another topic that I need CZK, how much do I need to carry for a long weekend (3-4 days) visit? Is Prague expensive? Where is the best place to exchange?

I will visit a dear friend as well, she lives in Zizkov and unfortunately she cant not host me. Any recommendations? All I ask is proper and clean place and not to expensive as I am the whole day out.

Thanks in advance and I really appreciate your input and effort to advise me.

This thread is more then 50 times reviewed and nobody cares to share some tiny information.

Thanks for reading my post and moving on.

Primadonna wrote:

Dear members,

One of my dreams comes true by visiting Prague next month or in November.
I try to gather as much information as I can but I would like some suggestions from you too as my visit is short and I want to get the max out of it.

What are the highlights?

I read on another topic that I need CZK, how much do I need to carry for a long weekend (3-4 days) visit? Is Prague expensive? Where is the best place to exchange?

I will visit a dear friend as well, she lives in Zizkov and unfortunately she cant not host me. Any recommendations? All I ask is proper and clean place and not to expensive as I am the whole day out.

Thanks in advance and I really appreciate your input and effort to advise me.

Prague is a great city, an unfortunately a long weekend won't be nearly enough to see/do all it has to offer.  No, Prague is not expensive, but that's relative to what you plan on doing of course, and where you plan on doing it.  From what I remembered, prices were higher near old town where it's more tourists, but still not terribly unreasonable.  I can't really speak about where to exchange, as I took cash directly from the ATM or used my bank card to pay for purchases.

Try to stop by Cafe Choco at Liliová 250/4 in old town, the Strahov Monastery (very nice, great brewery and gulas with dumplings), and also the Cross Club at Plynární 1096/23 if you want to have a drink in a truly unique and interesting place.  Also the cathedrals and St. Nicholas church are great sights.  Of course there is the obligatory walk across the Charles Bridge and hike up to the Palace on the hill.

Hope this helps, I'm sure you'll enjoy Prague! :)

Romaniac

Thank you so much, this is what I looked for, I know my visit is short but maybe I can extend for day or two.